Semi Final

They are not taking things too well in Aberdeenshire, according to today's Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/barbaric-violence-against-sheep-revealed-in-shocking-videos-9fcfc5n3c

‘Barbaric’ violence against sheep revealed in shocking videos

The Scottish wool industry is under investigation after hidden cameras revealed a catalogue of “barbaric” practices in which sheep were violently beaten and abused.

Secret footage recorded this summer captures what appears to be widespread mistreatment of livestock at 24 farms. The clips, filmed on covert bodycams, show workers brutally punching and kicking the animals.

sheep.jpg.19b7a5ba467166173954b29a17167721.jpg

sheep.jpg

The red top is a dead giveway.

Edited by Uilleam

SPFL cut Aberdeen's cup semi-final ticket allocation

Author
Daryn MacRae
18 October 2018
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

The SPFL have reduced the size of the Dons' Hampden section after poor sales.

Reduced: Aberdeen's Hampden section has been reduced.Reduced: Aberdeen's Hampden section has been reduced.  SNS

Aberdeen have had their ticket allocation for the League Cup semi-final with Rangers reduced by the SPFL due to poor ticket sales.

Originally, the Dons were allocated 20,300 tickets for the Hampden showdown but that number has been reduced as the Pittodrie side have sold just over 9000 tickets to date.

As a result, the SPFL have taken back Aberdeen's section of the East Stand, with some supporters now needing to be relocated to the South Stand instead.

The Dons say they still have 5,500 tickets to sell, with access to more available if the requisite demand can be demonstrated in the coming days.

A statement on the club's website said: "Despite strong initial sales, particularly from our supporters' clubs, overall ticket sales for the match have fallen short of the demand expected.

"Given current sales figures, with the SPFL recording less than 100 being sold by Aberdeen FC today, the SPFL have now taken back certain sections of the East Stand.

"The focus now quickly turns to building on the tickets that have been sold to fulfil the remainder of our allocation and ensure that the team walk out to a wall of noise from Dons supporters in attendance."

4 hours ago, Uilleam said:

They are not taking things too well in Aberdeenshire, according to today's Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/barbaric-violence-against-sheep-revealed-in-shocking-videos-9fcfc5n3c

‘Barbaric’ violence against sheep revealed in shocking videos

The Scottish wool industry is under investigation after hidden cameras revealed a catalogue of “barbaric” practices in which sheep were violently beaten and abused.

Secret footage recorded this summer captures what appears to be widespread mistreatment of livestock at 24 farms. The clips, filmed on covert bodycams, show workers brutally punching and kicking the animals.

sheep.jpg.19b7a5ba467166173954b29a17167721.jpg

sheep.jpg

The red top is a dead giveway.

Domestic livestock abuse is becoming more and more of an issue. My heart goes out to them; I hope they have they courage to run from these deviant devils.......

Offer them 20k tickets which was more than generous based on previous semis and their home attendances, bend over backwards to move the KO time for them as so as they can make the ‘arduous’ 3 hour journey, and still they only sell a third of what they originally thought was their natural entitlement. 

Their players should be grateful to Rangers fans that they occasionally get to play in front of a proper crowd. 

I think a lot of their potential followers over and above the 9,000 who actually go to games reckon Aberdeen have no chance so they can’t be bothered going to see them get whacked. Let’s hope they’re right.

This entire episode has made a laughing stock of the sheep support.  They moaned about the early KO and that got moved.  Now the club have even said they weren't expecting ticket sales to be this low.  How many excuses do they need not to turn up for a cup semi final?

Let's just laugh at them.  

I hope I get a ticket (won't find out until next week) but even if I don't, I'm quite happy that our support is getting a more deserved share.

Let's face it, the sheep shaggers either can't be arsed, can't afford it or are scared of defeat.

The whining about the tickets was nothing more than being troublesome for the sake of it. They know we could fill the stadium by ourselves but pulled a lack of respect OF bias card. They have no recent record of selling large amounts of tickets.

And now with the absurd scatter gun approach they took to selling the tickets they were turning what had already been a fiasco into an even more absurd situation. They would happily have created a situation with huge empty spaces while their bleating bands were scattered in pockets.

And there can be little doubt that they don't think they have a chance of winning. Be interesting to see how they fare against Hearts at the weekend though I hope they actually beat Hearts while we win to close that gap to the top.