What's the best atmosphere you have seen at Ibrox?

11 hours ago, compo said:

Bayer Munich, A.C. Milan, and spurs in the old cup winners cup .

Henry and Baker, the ‘Spurs  fullbacks, were hoarse at the end of the game because they had to shout to each other to make themselves heard.

12 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Henry and Baker, the ‘Spurs  fullbacks, were hoarse at the end of the game because they had to shout to each other to make themselves heard.

I think one of the next day's headlines went something like 

The night the singing had to stop think it was Hugh Taylor who penned it .

European nights that come to mind are Bayern, Parma, Leeds United, Kiev, and Juve.

Domestically, my particular favourite was the early seventies against them. It was New Year. we won 2-1 with a last minute header by Alfie Conn. We sang, 'who put the ball in the Sellik net' for years; well, until Conn signed for them in 1977.

A special mention for our Centenary match versus Arsenal. The estimated attendance that evening was 90,000. Rangers had charged 1873 prices for entrance, a shilling (five pence). Of course, Rangers first season, 1872/3, the club played on the tidal flood plane at Fleshers' Haugh and there was no charge. I believe the first charges were applied at Burnbank in 1874? 

so many to pick from;

domestically, aberdeen on last day of season in 91, aberdeen when gazza won us 8IAR, tims in 97 new year, tims when Edu scored in last minute, tims 2-2 with 9 men, tims 5-1 with wilkins volley were all special I remember vividly.

On European stage, Kiev, Leeds, Fiorentina (tension!), Parma rematch, Moscow in 93 when we drew 0-0 and failed to reach final the atmosphere made me as proud as i've ever felt, everyone was in tears! Thursday night was a great reminder of how good we can get the place given the right mixture of opponent/match/performance. 

Bayern Munich 72' is without a doubt the best atmosphere I've ever experienced and when Jardine scored in the first minute with somewhere in the region of 75-80k Rangers fans it was absolute bedlam. In my opinion its closely followed by Juventus 78'  two phenomenal teams in their time same score line for us.

On 06/10/2018 at 17:58, craig said:

Rangers 2 v 1 Leeds

The main stand was literally rocking that night

It's one that always sticks in my mind and not just for the atmosphere after the comeback from 0-1 behind. With no away fans the silence in there when McAllister scored after barely a minute or so was almost eerie.