SFA confirm the reason Daniel Candeias received his second yellow card

Just when you think our game can't stoop any lower, we get this.  This is utterly embarrassing to our league.  Rather than admitting to a mistake (which everyone knows it was) we set one of the most stupid and dangerous precedents.  How many bookings will we see from now on under this new "law"?

This is incredibly stupid and although we think little of our ruling body, I doubt any of us thought they'd come up with this nonsense.  Other clubs need to abandon their anti Rangers stance for once and support an appeal against this.  I won't  hold my breath though.

26 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Just when you think our game can't stoop any lower, we get this.  This is utterly embarrassing to our league.  Rather than admitting to a mistake (which everyone knows it was) we set one of the most stupid and dangerous precedents.  How many bookings will we see from now on under this new "law"?

This is incredibly stupid and although we think little of our ruling body, I doubt any of us thought they'd come up with this nonsense.  Other clubs need to abandon their anti Rangers stance for once and support an appeal against this.  I won't  hold my breath though.

The other clubs are pissing themselves at us. it won't be a precedent you don't need to worry about that it is just a Rangers thing. Another Andy Halliday moment. 

Scenario we score and as a protest against this all players walk silently back to restart the game.The Hobbit is ref and not knowing what to do books entire Gers team for provocative actions and SPFL/SFA close down Ibrox as punishment:wanker:

A very confusing statement. The appeal was on the basis of mistaken identity, are they saying that it wasn’t mistaken identity so it can’t be overturned whether the yellow was legitimate or not? This was my understanding of the law until now, yellows can’t be appealed. 

And since when was goading opponents a bookable offence? I criticised Candeias for doing it, and although I can’t think of any examples just now I’ve never heard of a player being booked for that. 

What must the other referees be thinking?  In one way it's great to see your bosses stick up for you in public, but on the other hand it must make them wonder how many mistakes they can get away with.  It hardly encourages improvements in professionalism if these mistakes are not only covered up, but result in changes to the laws, just to save face for the referee.

This was a mistake.  We didn't need a statement from the SFA to explain it.  Everyone knew it, so much so that even the usual characters in the media kept fairly quiet.  Even their bias couldn't stretch so far as to support that decision.

Are our referees and their bosses unable to say quite simply "we got this one wrong"?  If they said that, or even if they said nothing, this incident would have blown over (especially because of our result at the weekend).  Now there's an entire tank of fuel been thrown on the fire because every fan will now be watching for every gesture.  If shushing (sp?) another player is now not allowed, what other gestures will also be punished?  Can a player still swear at another player?  Can they use diving gestures if they think the player has gone down too easily?  Can they punch the air in delight?  Can they shush their own fans?  Can they tie their scarves to the posts of the oppositions' goal?  Maybe we should get a list of what's acceptable now.

Its pathetic and whoever thought of this strategy to deal with referees' errors should be sacked.

Edited by Gaffer

As I see it, the SFA are not accountable to the fans.
They don't seem to acknowledge the drop in support for the Scotland team because of their support for the tartan army and their maltreatment of Rangers.
Sure, the TV money will keep the game going for a while but if the apathy being built up within the Rangers fans' support spreads to the other teams' support then what does that do to their TV audience.
There will be no thriving game in Scotland until the muppets are out from under this cabal and are indeed accountable and in tune with the fans.
p.s. does anyone feel that they can see the weight of Lieswell's hand in this latest fiasco?

Edited by barca72