[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Villarreal

3 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Just woke up for the second half. Havent read the thread. What was Candeias sent off for?

Candeias, Tavernier and Morelos all went in on the player at the same time. Candeias didn’t make the trip on the player but it did look at first like he’d deliberately followed through and stood in the player and landed on him. After watching a few replays it doesn’t seem he made any malicious contact despite bundling over him. 

Not the score we wanted before the game but given the circumstances it's a fine, fine result and we couldn't have asked for much more given we almost won the game ourselves.

McGregor was our best player and I thought Arfield did very well whilst Tav grew into the game.

However, what an atmosphere from what was an incredible support.  Truly the 12th (well, 11th tonight) man.  Fantastic!

I fancied a draw before kick off, if Candeias had not been sent off who knows we might have won it, with a man sent off we did great, we are still in it and all to play for.

Now onto Sunday which for me is a bigger game and a must win

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

McGregor was our best player and I thought Arfield did very well whilst Tav grew into the game.

Agree with that, McGregor the man of the match and Arfield not far behind but I’d add Worrall as another standout. A very solid performance despite Goldson and Flanagan being very shaky and putting him under extra pressure. 

Just now, DMAA said:

Agree with that, McGregor the man of the match and Arfield not far behind but I’d add Worrall as another standout. A very solid performance despite Goldson and Flanagan being very shaky and putting him under extra pressure. 

I thought all the defenders had strange games (possibly Tav aside).

Under the cosh they were largely fine but on the ball, they took risks and seemed to switch off at times.  Same with Coulibaly and Jack - though the latter had a fine second half.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yep, but lets keep it in perspective ...

Bacca (6.3m), Funes Mori (8.1m), Gerard Moreno (18m) et al

... is not what they ever faced before on a regular basis.