The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Worth noting that there may be a bit of uncertainty around Worrall's future with Karanka sacked. I felt Karanka underrated him and if he had stayed I don't think a permanent deal was impossible. If they have a recall option that will be a bit of a worry for Gerrard.

Yeah, was just saying same on social media.

May explain why we have the American defensive all-rounder still on trial.

One more talking point, could Grezda's injury force us back into the transfer market? Does it force Gerrard's hand in attempting to bring Jones here straight away, or make us look at other options? It certainly leaves us light in wide areas if we play 4-3-3. With 3-5-2 a stronger option it could be that it's judged that we don't need as much depth on the wing anymore.

Murphy is ahead of schedule on his recovery so I don't see us signing another wide man.  Grezda's injury might not be that bad either.

We may well try to bring Jones in earlier but I doubt Killie will be easy to deal with after losing Stewart back to Brum.

Stewart's contract with Birmingham is up in the summer and their manager Monk is said to be close to SG. Saying is that while Jones is decent enough, Stewart was Killie's best player this season. Might mean nothing and sure is pure conjecture on my part, but maybe he was recalled to be sold to us soonish?

41 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I was going to post this. Disastrous week for Kilmarnock with their main man Stewart gone and Jones all but gone. I don't think they can replace Stewart and although I'd be shocked if Clarke didn't want to keep Jones for now, the poor relationship with the fans won't help his form. Interestingly Stewart is also available on a bosman. A former Rangers youth player, I think he's good enough to be a squad player. However I don't see that happening.

Sign him for the LOLZ.

24 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

As much of a Rangers man Stewart is - he isn’t good enough to improve our team.

I'd start him ahead of Candeias in most league games in a heartbeat. Largely freed of defensive duties and given freedom to attack in a forward 3 I think you'd see him flourish like Aluko did when he joined from Aberdeen. He's turned defences inside out this season and we lack a left footed playmaker player cutting in from the right that would give us balance. Jones' strength is counter attacking, running onto the ball. Stewart's strength is gliding past defenders and slicing them open with through balls, not to mention finishing. Having said all that there's no suggestion it's happening so not much point in debating it further.