FT] Rangers 5 - 0 Kilmarnock (Morelos 7, 45+1, 77, 82; Halliday 75)

Where I sit there is a guy behind me somewhere,no matter who we play or who the ref is,calls out in fact shouts they are fe***n ba****ds every game.

His seat is in close proximity to where stewards stand and he could be easily weeded out,but it seems to go on.

If the stewards are unable to take action in their own right they should be contacting the police to do so.

As for singing we hear "F**k Bobby Sands he's Deid" every game mainly from the UB section which to me is every bit as bad as the Fe***n songs.

15 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Where I sit there is a guy behind me somewhere,no matter who we play or who the ref is,calls out in fact shouts they are fe***n ba****ds every game.

His seat is in close proximity to where stewards stand and he could be easily weeded out,but it seems to go on.

If the stewards are unable to take action in their own right they should be contacting the police to do so.

As for singing we hear "F**k Bobby Sands he's Deid" every game mainly from the UB section which to me is every bit as bad as the Fe***n songs.

The Bobby Sands reference is stupid IMO.  We, by singing about him, give him more credence than he is due.  It makes little sense.

I've no idea why we persist in the ridiculous correlation between singing and sincere belief. Personally, I sing like a frog with its throat cut and have long avoided any attempts at choral offerings. However, I don't believe for a minute that the majority of people who sing about ****** bastards are overtly bigoted, any more than singing TBB is genuine advocacy for gang culture. It would do a lot of people a lot of good to just grow up and be less precious about the whole football supporter thing. It's football, it's tribal, we goad our opponents, we go home and get on with our lives. Big deal.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I've no idea why we persist in the ridiculous correlation between singing and sincere belief

Of course you are right that people use a word like fen1an but don't actually have anything against RCs at all, but your logic could also be applied to singing about Jews and blacks etc. etc. who also have also had chants aimed at them by football fans. It's just not worth it, sing about football or avoid literally a couple of words and a lot of ammo against the club vanishes. It's not going to happen until strict liability comes in but I don't know why people are still digging in their heels on this.

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I have no idea why a Rangers fans would make up something like that but your comments are simply untrue, Bearger.

Please refrain from calling me a liar, I know what I hear.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nope.

Wrong again I'm afraid.

I sit in the main stand, at the half way line, and I never hear what you have mentioned.

Ok, lets all 3 of us have our ears pricked next Wednesday.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Of course you are right that people use a word like fen1an but don't actually have anything against RCs at all, but your logic could also be applied to singing about Jews and blacks etc. etc. who also have also had chants aimed at them by football fans. It's just not worth it, sing about football or avoid literally a couple of words and a lot of ammo against the club vanishes. It's not going to happen until strict liability comes in but I don't know why people are still digging in their heels on this.

Blacks, women, gingers, homosexuals, baldies, Catholic’s, Protestants, Jews, Muslims, Irish, Poles, English ... we all get called names, doesn’t mean we have to get all sensitive and shed tears over it. 

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Please refrain from calling me a liar, I know what I hear.

Ok, lets all 3 of us have our ears pricked next Wednesday.

You won't hear anything with a prick in your ears.:roflmao: