Petition To Get James Dornan Removed From Anti Sectarian Group

31 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Well it is only my guess, you have already said you are not interested in this so what is it you are trying to prove?

He’s trying to prove he doesn’t put it the SNP before Rangers. A bit late for that though. 

Dornan is part of the "Combatting Sectarianism In Scottish Society" (AKA Combatting Rangers Supporters in Scottish Society) group.

Google searches seem difficult for folk who are quick to laugh at Rangers supporters. 

Edited by Gonzo79

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Dornan is part of the "Combatting Sectarianism In Scottish Society" (AKA Combatting Rangers Supporters in Scottish Society) group.

Google searches seem difficult for folk who are quick to laugh at Rangers supporters. 

I was hoping we would let him dig a bit deeper before telling him ?

No doubt you are familiar with Dornan, his views ,where he was educated, his favourite football team etc. When he was by-passed for a higher government post he created this anti-sectarianism group. Since it is a group under the auspices of the Scottish Parliament I have no doubt that the petitioner has taken it to be a National group. You could say he was paraphrasing, however, his intent is understood by the signees of his petition.

No doubt you are fully up to date now.

p.s. Look at the names of the members of his committee and this will draw even more emphasis to the petitioner's intent ...

https://www.parliament.scot/msps/currentmsps/98414.aspx

https://www.parliament.scot/msps/combatting-sectarianism-in-scottish-society.aspx

Scottish Parliament: Return to homepage

Personal Information

JamesDornanMSP.jpg
  • Member for: Glasgow Cathcart
  • Party: Scottish National Party
  • Date of Birth: 17 March 1953

Education:

St Mirin's Primary School, Glasgow

Holyrood Secondary, Glasgow 

Career History:

2003 - 2007 
Parliamentary researcher to Stewart Maxwell MSP

2007 - 2012
Glasgow City Councillor for Langside Ward 

Further information

Email our Public Information Servicefor more information.

Combatting Sectarianism In Scottish Society

Purpose of the group

To bring together like-minded MSPs, as well as religious groups, charities, organisations, academics and other stakeholders to work collaboratively to see how we can address, and hopefully end, sectarianism in Scotland. 

Forthcoming meetings

Next meeting:

Minutes

Annual Return/Report

Group Officers

Group Members

Organisations

Nil by Mouth 

Scottish Women’s Convention

Supporters Direct Scotland

North Kelvin Sports Development Group  

West of Scotland Regional Equality Council

Police Scotland

Victim Support Scotland

Scottish Football Supporters Association

Community Safety Glasgow

Church of Scotland

Supporters Direct Scotland

Catholic Parliamentary Office

Place for Hope

Get involved

Next meeting:

David.Scott@nilbymouth.org

Tel:

Contact

James Dornan MSP

Scottish Parliament
Holyrood Road
Edinburgh
EH99 1SP

0131 348 5682

Cross Party Groups and GDPR

Please note that some Cross-Party Groups have external organisations that provide secretariat support to the Group. These organisations manage your information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. The links to the privacy policies, of the organisations that have proved them to the Scottish Parliament are available on our website.

Edited by barca72
forgot links ...

7 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Your trolling to deflect and belittle something that, by your own admission, you have no interest in? Clearly that’s inaccurate and evidenced by you still commenting on it? Save your energy BG? 

Nope, I said and will say it for the 3rd  time “ I’m not interested in any demo organised by the VB”. Since then it has been posted that the VB are running a petition about a group I had never heard of. Nobody seems to know about this organisation “National Anti Sectarianism Group”, I don’t need to belittle this petition, the author of it has done that all by himself.

12 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Nope, I said and will say it for the 3rd  time “ I’m not interested in any demo organised by the VB”. Since then it has been posted that the VB are running a petition about a group I had never heard of. Nobody seems to know about this organisation “National Anti Sectarianism Group”, I don’t need to belittle this petition, the author of it has done that all by himself.

The author of the petition has belittled nothing in the eyes of those who support his intentions.

Step forward those of you who are error-free, just a little !!

Not interested in a demo but very interested in a petition. Both are looking to protect Rangers' interests but only one involves the SNP. Not a surprise why he's doing his utmost to discredit the petition. SNP before Rangers yet again.