Petition To Get James Dornan Removed From Anti Sectarian Group

19 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Not interested in a demo but very interested in a petition. Both are looking to protect Rangers' interests but only one involves the SNP. Not a surprise why he's doing his utmost to discredit the petition. SNP before Rangers yet again. 

Is Bearger not just asking about the details involved with the petition? If the details are vague, surely it's only common sense to ask questions prior to making a decision to support it?

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is Bearger not just asking about the details involved with the petition? If the details are vague, surely it's only common sense to ask questions prior to making a decision to support it?

He's already said, in a bigoted fashion, that since it is from the VBs he wont be interested.

30 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Not interested in a demo but very interested in a petition. Both are looking to protect Rangers' interests but only one involves the SNP. Not a surprise why he's doing his utmost to discredit the petition. SNP before Rangers yet again. 

SNP before Rangers.
You would think that the SNP would learn about trying to stuff legislation down supporters throats, remember the OBatF Act. Yousef is talking about Strict Liability and Dornan wants to eradicate sectarianism but from one side.
If the supporters don't want the legislation, to adhere to the laws passed, they must respect the laws and also those who passed said laws.
It appears unlikely at the moment that supporters would welcome any restraints on their 90-min bigot fest, especially from a Government that has shown itself to be less than excellent.
No one wants a one-sided look at sectarianism. 
I don't subscribe, in this day and age, to the theory that anti-catholic bigotry is as bad as is professed by the 'pundits'. I think most people are quite content to let the next guy get on with his religion in his own way. On the other hand the anti-Irish bigotry is there and is palpable. Without condoning this bigotry, I get the impression that the reason for it being so visible is that instead of quietly integrating into into Scots' society they give the impression that they want to rule it and force Scots to their culture and way of thinking. As a quick comparison look at the Poles. An ever increasing sizeable Polish population, catholic, but integrating into Scots society without too many bumps in the road.
Without trying to be too simplistic, it can be done if the will is there.

40 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

That’s actually what I’m saying. It’s a petition which mentions a group that does not exist, how daft is that? If people wish Dornan to be removed from something they have to be specific about it. 

9 minutes ago, barca72 said:

You're right. I erred. I was thinking of his post in the other thread about the march to BBCPQ.

Might I suggest that mocking people, who are taking issue with a public official who clearly has an agenda against Rangers (and all that comes with it/us) chairing a committee on sectarianism, is bigoted.

Next we'll have St Pats doing primary school lessons on child abuse and Mike Ashley chairing an income and ethics group, with Rupert Maxwell as an honorary mascot.

Edited by Gonzo79

I don’t know of any way that petitions on change.org can compel anything to happen unlke a parliamentary petition where 100,000 signatories might get you a debate.

Dornan’s group was set up by him under Scottish Parliament rules so complaints should be made to The Standards, Procedures and Publc Appointments Committee at Parliament along the lines that Dornan should be removed from the convenorship of the group on the ground that his own conduct has been sectarian, citing relevant examples.

Better still stand against him at the next election or support any party but his.

As an aside, how do you remove anyone “from influence“?

Bearger and Black Socks are right. I don’t say that often on non football matters.