The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, Gribz said:

PS if Celtic are quoting Arsenal 25 million for Tierney then Morelos cant possibly leave for a cent less than 30 million. If thats what we are gauging on.

At the end of the day, players are only worth what other clubs are prepared to pay.

On another note, good to see Josh McPake on the plane to Portugal.

Barisic could do well in the 4-3-2-1 because he’ll be tasked with doing what he’s good at like Tav on the other side. Despite the criticism he could be brilliant this season. In games where we are under pressure defensively Flanagan comes in. Lowe not needed. 

7 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Can only see players following Edmundson' in choosing Gerrard and Rangers over others.

The Gerrard appointment has certainly helped pull players in due to his stature. If this Max Lowe is on the cards the guy has got to decide Gerrard or Lennon? Bit of a no brainer.

on sky now;

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard has confirmed Joe Aribo is having a medical ahead of a planned move from Charlton.

Aribo is out of contract with Charlton at the end of the month - and manager Lee Bowyer confirmed on Friday that the 22-year-old had turned down a new deal.

Barring any problems with his medical, Aribo is expected to join up with the Rangers squad in Portugal, after they flew to the Algarve to begin their pre-season programme.

Gerrard told Sky Sports: "We believe there was Premier League and European clubs chasing Joe, which is no surprise.

"I think a lot of Championship clubs were there in the hat as well.

"It obviously came out in the public domain that Celtic had made him an offer as well.

"So, if we manage to get that one over the line, it will be a big coup for us.

"He is something we haven't got, we haven't got a left-footed midfielder so, if and when that deal is done, he will give us natural balance.

"He has got an impressive profile, he is dynamic and he has got a lot of parts of his game that are already strong."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...oe-aribo-poised-to-join-rangers-from-charlton

... and Gary Mackay-Steven has signed for New York City. IMHO, a massive blow for Aberdeen, losing one of their best players an for naught.

From the Sun

JORDAN ROSSITER will have no part to play at Rangers next season.

The Gers midfielder - along with Kyle Lafferty, Eros Grezda, Graham Dorrans and Jason Holt - has been left at home and told to find a new club while the rest of the squad get to work in Portugal.

Rossiter was tipped for big things at Liverpool before Gers move

Rossiter, 22, has barely featured for the Light Blues because of injuries since joining from Liverpool three years ago.

The former England U-19s captain was outstanding during a loan spell at Bury last season.

But Steven Gerrard already has plenty of midfield options and is on the verge of adding out-of-contract Charlton star Joe Aribo.

The Ibrox boss admits it was difficult telling the quintet their services were no longer required, although he accepts there can be no room for sentiment.

He enjoyed a successful loan at Bury last season.

He added: “The squad is big. We have 28 players with us right now.

“The board haven’t said and they haven’t put me under any pressure, but you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to work out the squad is too big.

“I have to be honest and tell people they won’t get the game time that will satisfy them.

“It’s not as brutal as saying get out as quick as you can, we don’t respect you and don’t love you anymore.

“But as a manager you have to make tough decisions and you have to go with what you think is the best prepared squad to challenge next season.

“Yes, I have had to have difficult conversations with certain players, but I hope they understand I’m trying to be as respectful as I can to give them as much time to find a different route.

“My job is to manage the team, manage game time, make team selections and pick squads best capable of being successful.

“In terms of contracts and what is out there for them, that is where their agents will come into it more than myself.

“It’s very easy for a manager to be selfish and keep them in the door for as long as you want and tell them later on in the window. I don’t think that is fair.

“I want to give people I respect the best chance to get the best solution for them.

“That is why I have told certain people as early as I can.”