The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I wonder if Rudden could play a part for us this season? Still too young, maybe?

I would imagine he'll do what Hardie did and go out again. Side note but is Hardie back with us or been released?

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I'd expect him to go on loan again but we're going to have a lot of games to play in August if we get to QR3 of the Europa League so he may be initially retained, especially if Morelos leaves before then.

Maybe it's just me but when we only play 1 striker I think 2 senior strikers are enough (Morelos & Defoe) and the 3rd should be a youth player like Rudden or Hardie. Waste of money paying Lafferty's wages.

I think we need four strikers, even if we're playing one up front. Assuming Morelos and Defoe start the season I think we need at least one more experienced striker and then one younger one. If one of our strikers gets an injury, and that will happen during the season, you need options from the bench. You also require competition to keep everyone on their toes and lastly having a variety of playing styles helps too. We've potentially a lot of games this coming season, rotation might be very important. 

Liam Burt was highly thought of when he first went pro with us, but he's been hampered by injuries. I'd be surprised if Celtic fancied signing him though. 

Rangers have signed defender George Edmundson from Oldham Athletic on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old made 54 appearances for the English League Two side last season, scoring twice.

"To come to Rangers is a massive opportunity and I feel like I can live up to the expectation," he told RangersTV.

"There were a few clubs interested but as soon as I heard about Rangers there was only one place I wanted to come."

Edmundson made his Oldham debut in September 2015 and had loan spells with non-league outfits Ramsbottom United, Alfreton Town and AFC Fylde before establishing himself as a regular starter for the Boundary Park club in January 2018.

Meanwhile, striker Zak Rudden, 19, has signed a one-year contract extension at Ibrox.

Rudden scored 12 goals on loan at Falkirk last season.

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

Rangers have signed defender George Edmundson from Oldham Athletic on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old made 54 appearances for the English League Two side last season, scoring twice.

"To come to Rangers is a massive opportunity and I feel like I can live up to the expectation," he told RangersTV.

"There were a few clubs interested but as soon as I heard about Rangers there was only one place I wanted to come."

Edmundson made his Oldham debut in September 2015 and had loan spells with non-league outfits Ramsbottom United, Alfreton Town and AFC Fylde before establishing himself as a regular starter for the Boundary Park club in January 2018.

Meanwhile, striker Zak Rudden, 19, has signed a one-year contract extension at Ibrox.

Rudden scored 12 goals on loan at Falkirk last season.

Hopefully we can unearth a few gems. Let's not forget Andy Robertson went from playing with Hull City to CL winner in 2 years.

15 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hopefully we can unearth a few gems. Let's not forget Andy Robertson went from playing with Hull City to CL winner in 2 years.

He was playing with Queens Park a couple of years before that too!

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He was playing with Queens Park a couple of years before that too!

Exactly!! There are players out there. Hopefully with the right people in place we can find find them. 

I really hope we can open up some scouting networks in Africa and the Balkans. There is value (and sell on value) to be had there IMO