The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Ojo looks the part from that video - he's a big lad, good with either foot and looks extremely calm on the ball and when in goal-scoring situations.

OK, Youtube videos are never the best way to judge a player but he definitely provides another exciting option.

All that being said currently the best way into the Ibrox first team for any young player is to be a current or ex-Liverpool player.

*This post would make more sense if I'd actually linked it to the McPake story on the previous page...

Edited by JohnMc
I'm a moron.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Candeias isn't good enough.

It's up to the manager to get the best out of him then if that fails get rid of him or any other player not making the mark .

1 minute ago, JohnMc said:

All that being said currently the best way into the Ibrox first team for any young player is to be a current or ex-Liverpool player.

*This post would make more sense if I'd actually linked it to the McPake story on the previous page...

McPake obviously sees a move to Liverpool as his way into our first team :D

Roma's apparent interest in the lad would surely be on the back of the tournament success in the middle east.

RYD is the way to go but we can't continually lose our better prospects before they get a sniff of our first team.

I guess it comes down to the increasing financial gulf between the footballing rich and poor. The rich look to hoover up the talent (ownership) and loan them back to the poor to fatten them up....#NeoliberalismRuiningTheFitbaw

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Roma's apparent interest in the lad would surely be on the back of the tournament success in the middle east

McPake was too old for the Alkass tournament but played all over Europe with the youths last season and will be well known to these big clubs. We need to keep hold of him, he's the long term answer to our no 10 problem in my opinion and won't cost us anything.

2 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

I expect Aribo & Kent (loan) to sign as noises very positive

I still can't believe we're trying to sign Kent with the number of attacking midfielders already on the books. Liverpool apparently looking for a hefty loan fee compared to last season too. Another season of me moaning about his lack of goals and assists and another season of all the fanboys saying "the goals and assists will come" and then decrying the usage of stats and americanisation of the game when they don't ? 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

McPake was too old for the Alkass tournament but played all over Europe with the youths last season and will be well known to these big clubs. We need to keep hold of him, he's the long term answer to our no 10 problem in my opinion and won't cost us anything.

I still can't believe we're trying to sign Kent with the number of attacking midfielders already on the books. Liverpool apparently looking for a hefty loan fee compared to last season too. Another season of me moaning about his lack of goals and assists and another season of all the fanboys saying "the goals and assists will come" and then decrying the usage of stats and americanisation of the game when they don't ? 

As the resident Kent fanboy (I think I may have been the only one on the forum), I have accepted that I conveniently ignore the stats, despite demanding them in my professional role.  I've said it before, but I just like him because in my opinion he's exciting to watch.  I'll put up with your moaning and you can tolerate my ignorance of the facts.  I just want him to rejoin us, and most of my friends and family are the same (although I also accept they may just be saying that to me to stop me going on about him).  Arfield and Kent were the only ones I felt were "effective" in those forward midfield roles so I think we need all the help we can afford up there.