SPFL Premiership Fixtures 2019/20: Killie v Rangers opening game

How provisional EL qualifying dates fit in...............

Obviously the following league games would be getting moved to the Sunday (not reflected below)

Aug 1st... EL 2nd Rd. 2nd leg

Aug3rd... Killie (A)

Aug 8th...EL 3rd Rd. 1st leg

Aug10th..Hibs (H)

Aug15th..EL 3rd Rd. 2nd leg

Betfred Cup Last 16

Aug22nd.. EL 4th Rd. 1st leg

Aug24th..St.Mirren (A)

Aug29th..EL 4th Rd. 2nd leg

Aug 31st..Celtic (H) 

Edited by buster.

Does it make the slightest difference who we meet in the first five games? If we win or lose the league title, does it make any material difference when or where we won or lost the points variation at the end of the season? I can't think of anything less relevant to the season ahead than fretting over the first five fixtures.

It's hard to know how difficult some of these fixtures will be. Kilmarnock could implode without Clarke, their managerial appointment is certainly ambitious but would anyone be surprised if an Italian with very little previous experience of leading a side and no experience of Scottish football actually struggles. Livingston fell away last season after a blistering start, I expect them to spend the season fighting the drop this coming season, they've lost a couple of key players as well. Hibs at home and St Mirren away we should dispatch, you can't challenge for a league if you can't win those matches. End of November to the New Year is a busy time with some traditionally difficult matches, that could be a difficult period. 

Qualifying for the Europa League could be a double edged sword. We should start the league season having played some competitive matches, in theory perhaps a little ahead of some other sides. But those games might catch up on some players as the season goes on, we'll need to use the squad wisely. 

Anyway, bring it on, can't wait for it to start again. 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't get the fuss about fixtures. 

We are Rangers. 

The only time fixtures matter is when we have to play Celtic shortly before or after an important European match, but even then we need to be able to cope with that.  Every player should know by now the expectations.  I'd be happy playing Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts in our opening games because then we have an idea as how well prepared we are for the season ahead.

I realise I'm one of the optimists in the forum, but I can't imagine there is a single bear out there who is anything other than desperate to get this new season started.  I'd expect the lessons we learned last year (I.e. Consistency is key, and Celtic are not to be feared any more) will mean we have a great chance of 55 this year.  I get the feeling from our own camp that everyone around the club is quietly confident and itching to start playing again.

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

My concern is the first game is on that atrocious surface a win and injury free would be a great start as far as I am concerned.

Isn’t that the same no matter when we play on that surface?