What Filip Helander will bring to Rangers...

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

They never bother about getting the facts right, so it's little wonder the spelling and grammar is so poor.

I don't take anything from these articles and prefer to see a player for myself, but in his case I have seen the player and I know we have a bargain.  The last time I saw him was probably October last year and he really stood out for me.  He's obviously a big powerful guy, but I liked the way he was so agressive in winning the ball.  He covered the pitch well and to me looked very quick.  His distribution was good too, although he tried a few longer passes and they went astray.  The main thing about him was that he looked as if he'd win every header and tackle, even when he was not the favourite for the challenge.  That's why he stood out despite the other obvious talent on the pitch.  The team was not playing well and he looked at times like he was a one man defence.  I'm delighted if he joins us.

Thanks @Gaffer I especially like that you think he looked quick, as I dont think Goldson is the quickest and we can struggle against the counter sometimes because of this, so it looks like we have identified the exact type of player we need and went out and (hopefully) got him. I dont mind spending this kind of fee for a player with international caps who has played fairly successfully in a top tier league (even more so when it is a defender in Serie A).

Another 6 foot plus addition to the squad which is developing into a team littered with giants. My mind is drifting ahead to the opening game against Killie and while I will be expecting to beat them it very likely  won’t be easy since they too will have some competitive Euro action under their belts.

If I were wrong and they were easily beaten my excitement levels would dramatically increase.

3 hours ago, pete said:

I doubt Helander will have his fitness levels near where the rest of the squad are so I think it will be after the Killie game we will see him.

He should be in pre-season with his current employers so he shouldn't be that far off

25 minutes ago, craig said:

He should be in pre-season with his current employers so he shouldn't be that far off

Time on the park beside (presumably) Goldson will be at least as important as peak fitness. He needs to play all friendlies and competitive games thereafter.