[FT] Progrès 0 - 0 Rangers

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Their first tactic will be niggling fouls to break up play which we can only hope will be quickly dealt with by a few yellow cards to let some football break out. I see no way they can live with us providing our players perform as they can

The tactical analysis is correct. The yellow cards will, however, be brandished at the victims.

Does the team have an enforcer/protector in the style of Brown, Ian Ferguson, McCall, Forsyth or boss of them all, Harry Davis? Is there a true hard man in the side?

49 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Bears I got the train home with were all disappointed with the performance, Rousseau.

They can be disappointed -- I was disappointed too, although mostly with the result -- but it's a stretch to say that the second tie was "similarly concerning" as that first tie. 

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

The tactical analysis is correct. The yellow cards will, however, be brandished at the victims.

Does the team have an enforcer/protector in the style of Brown, Ian Ferguson, McCall, Forsyth or boss of them all, Harry Davis? Is there a true hard man in the side?

Not that I've seen in many years. Ryan Jack looks the only one willing to show much aggression but that's not really his game either. Otherwise we have a bit of a powderpuff midfield. Another Graeme Souness definitely does not currently exist at Rangers. Since we'll be given more red cards than anyone else anyway, wouldn't it be nice if once in a while one of them was really, really deserved. ?

A disappointing show by all accounts I never seen the game but going by the report's they will have to do much better so why not put the three centre backs  with two wing backs and three in the middle with two strikers up front , strikers hunt better in pairs .

57 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

They can be disappointed -- I was disappointed too, although mostly with the result -- but it's a stretch to say that the second tie was "similarly concerning" as that first tie. 

I agree, to an extent.  I'm referring to recurring problems that don't seem to have been rectified over the Summer - specifically our lack of cutting edge.  

We should be thumping teams like Progres.

I am not really concerned about Thursday's game as Niederkorn were virtually prisoners in their own half. They had one decent chance at the Goldson\ McGregor cock-up and should have scored but apart from that they never even looked like hurting us. We really do need to take the chances we get though