[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 16; Goldson 90+1)

3 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Aribo started too deep for me. Its obvious he has a license to go forward but I think he should start further forward and know he has to go back when needed. 

Arfield in that role - not sure yet albeit the goal.

Agreed. Seemed like all 3 midfielders were operating in the same space. Get him forward as he looks lively. 

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

If ojo keeps his place on Thursday I will be amazed. We must have better. 

He could be useful but for me he's not a starter. Not unless we have an agreement that he has to feature whilst on loan? If that's the case forget it. We should be concentrating on our own players

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. Seemed like all 3 midfielders were operating in the same space. Get him forward as he looks lively. 

Hence 4-2-3-1 would work better IMO.

I can see Gerrards Logic in the 4-3-2-1 against good opposition though.

At the Killie goal the camera went straight to SG and he sat in his seat, if I was him Id have been up at the touchline belting.

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

If ojo keeps his place on Thursday I will be amazed. We must have better. 

You see, Kent delivered a few of these performances at the start of the season too, yet kept his place far too often, IMHO. Might be that there is something in the loan agreement.

I was pretty amazed that Ojo was essentially everywhere in the 2nd half, but not on the right side to support Tav ... who was getting pass after pass and then being doubled up and left on his own. After a time, players should react to this ... but Ojo was playing almost as a central striker ... against Broadfoot and Co. 

As I said before, the manager should have a look at that and himself too.

I’d start with Docherty against Hibs. It’s from the age of dinosaurs, I know, and Guardiola * would have a fit, but for the league in which Rangers play, what’s wrong with a strong bloke running at a defence from deep? Best case he opens the defence for a shot or for other attackers to run on. Failing that when tackled the ball breaks favourably or if the defender wins the ball cleanly he’s vulnerable to a quick counter tackle. Worst case the ball is lost and the opposition set up their own attack but the defence should be alert to do their job.

*And Rousseau too, of course.

Edited by Scott7