The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

21 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

How long is Barasic out for does anyone know. The thing that surprises me is we never really upgraded our options at full back, particularly when they are integral to the way we play

It's a cost benefit analysis though. Would we have been justified bringing in a quality back up left back? If we had we probably wouldn't have been able to afford Hagi. I have always said I would prefer we went for quality over quantity and that means bringing in individuals who can carry his teammates at times. Think Ferguson, De Boer and Arteta in the same team as Bob Malcolm and Maurice Ross in 02/03. The latter two played 30 odd games each that season.

54 minutes ago, Briton said:

Barasic has done very little since he signed his contract; when was the last time he put in a performance like Halliday's against Livingston?

... long before one should question Barasic (who has been injured too), one might question when our captain reaches his own standard and on a weekly basis.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

... long before one should question Barasic (who has been injured too), one might question when our captain reaches his own standard and on a weekly basis.

I do but Barasic has been poor lately and he seems to be getting little criticism for it.

Just now, Briton said:

I do but Barasic has been poor lately and he seems to be getting little criticism for it.

Do we have to criticise every player who has a couple of average performances. Barisic has earned a bit of tolerance.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Do we have to criticise every player who has a couple of average performances. Barisic has earned a bit of tolerance.

'We' don't have to do anything but I'll criticise who I see fit to criticise.