Tax officials blamed for the downfall of Rangers

19 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've been through it all. I just don't feel like wasting more mental anguish on it. The time for establishing those guilty of it was earlier this decade. In my totally uninformed opinion, if it hasn't happened by now, it's not going to happen. They even managed to (deliberately?) cock up the trials of Whyte and D&P.

I'd also add that even if they did find any of the others responsible, I don't have any confidence they'd be found guilty in today's Scotland, under the current regime. 

3 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Looking forward to seeing Chris McLaughlin delivering the main BBC Scotland headline news tonight, back outside Ibrox , reporting live on what is an HMRC cock-up on a  gargantuan scale.

Chris McLaughlin always has his tongue on the tip of a 'cock-up'.

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I'd also add that even if they did find any of the others responsible, I don't have any confidence they'd be found guilty in today's Scotland, under the current regime. 

They say history is written by the victors. As far as I'm concerned there was a concerted effort to kill us off and it failed.

This history isn't over yet!

53 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's now part of the Rangers story and there's little or nothing we can do to change it.

You may be right in terms of financial redress but not in terms of reputation. I feel it’s essential we do everything we can to use these revelations to reverse the negative image our club has rightly or wrongly acquired. 

Greg MulhollandVerified account @GregMulholland1
FollowFollow @GregMulholland1
More

Greg Mulholland Retweeted Jeremy Vine

The senior official who oversaw the #Rangers case was #JimHarra, Director General for Business Tax at the time. He’s now been made First Permanent Secretary & Chief Exec of @HMRCgovuk! He also misled MPs on the Select Committee. He must resign. #JimHarraMustResign #HMRCShambles

Who brought @RangersFC down? Was it @CelticFC? No - it was @HMRCgovuk who have scored an OWN GOAL by not only helping to break #Rangersfc but its now been revealed that they made serious errors in the process! This also has led to the #LoanCharge shambles #JimHarraMustResign

EJXEQU-X0AEjwVz.jpg

I highly doubt it was just one person who was responsible for all of this within HMRC.

Ive always believed that there was a high level yahoo mission both within HMRC and LBG with the aim of financially  destroying  Rangers.

We can only hope today’s news will lead to some sort of internal investigation within HMRC to allow us to get to the truth of what really went on.

Edited by RANGERRAB