[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

34 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Something came to mind regarding the possibility of a stadium closure for YB. Since entrance to the game was part of a package deal for the three home matches i'm wondering if there might be some sort of partial refund.

OMG this is fascinating

21 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

What is said on football forums is often incorrect.  This was a good example of that.

If you've ever heard Sweet Caroline at a Rangers supporters function or on a supporters bus, you'll know the add-on had nothing to do with the F word.

I really wish Rangers supporters would realise certain words and songs will harm the club and box clever.  This isn't going to go away and needs to be cut out at European matches.

I don't know, but one of my colleagues asked me about a banner saying somethings about f******.  It's embarrassing to say the least.

13 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Pretty sure it doesn't actually have to make an appearance in a match to cause us problems.  Regardless, it's just stupid and the quicker we can get rid of these people the better.

UEFA won't sanction Rangers for a banner in an airport. 

Get rid of them?  Capital punishment or lifetime bans - what do you reckon?

These people follow Rangers all over Europe.  Some of the behaviour is not exactly useful but calling them names and demanding bans might not be as credible as trying to educate them about the damage they're doing.

Leave the perma-offendedness to the yahoos and ScotNats.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

These people follow Rangers all over Europe.  Some of the behaviour is not exactly useful but calling them names and demanding bans might not be as credible as trying to educate them about the damage they're doing.

For my part I'm not in any way offended by that banner or the sentiments behind it. However I am thoroughly pissed off by anything or anyone who brings sanctions and disadvantage to Rangers, either knowingly or in ignorance. And let's face it you'd have to be really fucking ignorant to believe displaying that banner anywhere near a UEFA fixture is going to do anything but harm to Rangers. I'd have no hesitation banning them from ever entering Ibrox again, not because I'm offended by them but because they're a liability we can no longer afford to be anywhere near Rangers.

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes ban them from attending.

I don't know who's calling these people names, but it's a bit strange to defend them from name calling and at the same time attempt to downplay the message on their banner?  

You might feel a little different about these things if you have to walk into work In Ireland with colleagues and friends who question you about these things.

56 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I don't know who's calling these people names, but it's a bit strange to defend them from name calling and at the same time attempt to downplay the message on their banner?  

I'm not defending anything.  I'm suggesting that we take a more sensible approach in dealing with these matters.  We need to make it clear, repeatedly, that the club and support will be punished (for certain songs and add-ons but not banners in airports).

Not that it'll make much difference either way.  We're always going to have a percentage of overly intoxicated and daft fans.

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes get rid of them.  If they can't act in a manner requested of them from the club then it would be better if they don't follow the club anywhere, let alone 'all over Europe'.