[FT] Feyenoord 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 53, 66)

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

You must've missed my additional comment that these things are always likely to happen.  That's regardless of bans, abuse on forums by people living in America and Ireland and also regardless of attempts to educate them - because we'll always have a percentage that a) drink too much and b) don't care.

I said 'we' (supporters) need to make it clear.  Not 'they' (the board) because they already have.

I didn't say 'forget' banners and I didn't say they're 'good PR' either.  Stop jumping to silly conclusions.

If that's directed at me, I haven't abused anyone?

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's reading between the lines and there's drawing incorrect conclusions. 

I said bans don't work.  I think, however, that fans caught singing the songs and add-ons, we know we shouldn't, should be banned.

The goldfish and dog references are great, JFK.  Really terrific stuff.  Are commas not commonly used in America?  

If bans don't work it's because no one ever tried hard enough to make them work. There is now face scanning tech being used in arenas/stadiums which does work. There would be an initial cost to implement it at Ibrox but nothing like as much as the millions these less than dog brains could ultimately cost the club.

And we already know that doing nothing doesn't work and neither does repetition of a message when you're dealing with what amounts to a brain not even comparable to a dog. Lassie is an Einstein in comparison to these grunts. 

29 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There is now face scanning tech being used in arenas/stadiums which does work. There would be an initial cost to implement it at Ibrox

You should suggest this next time you're over for a match.

In between telling people they're thicker than dogs and goldfish, of course.

17 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

When are we finding out ffs?

I read UEFA aren't meeting until the day before the YB match, so any punishment is likely to occur after that fixture. 

I can't verify that though.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

You should suggest this next time you're over for a match.

In between telling people they're thicker than dogs and goldfish, of course.

So that's your new solution. It will get through if I personally tell them despite the fact it doesn't penetrate the fog when the club say it repeatedly. Think I have more confidence in bans when dealing with that level of stupidity. Information seemingly goes in one ear then echoes around the empty space between that ear and the other before departing.

15 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Normally the club would have heard by now if they were being reported, and they hadn't heard anything on Saturday.

Thinking aloud.

I wonder if UEFA have considered the Swiss supporters will have already shelled out for travel, accommodation, and tickets? 

If that is the case, then any banning might arrive for the first qualifying round after the new year(should we qualify) or save it for next season's first qualifying round?

18 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Thinking aloud.

I wonder if UEFA have considered the Swiss supporters will have already shelled out for travel, accommodation, and tickets? 

If that is the case, then any banning might arrive for the first qualifying round after the new year(should we qualify) or save it for next season's first qualifying round?

As someone actually mentioned on the latest gersnet podcast that may be a possibility and would be a real downer if we beat YB and progress to the last 32. Where we could pull a real glamour tie and have it played in an empty stadium.