[FT] Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 0 Rangers

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

They are head and shoulders above us in every department 

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Dont think we disgraced ourselves in either leg. Bring on the qualifiers. Not sure one leg ties suit us ???

27 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Gerrard has said Morelos has had his head turned. I think he had no choice but to say that after that performance. He has been very poor in 2020 but worse since we came back. 

How many goals has he scored on 2020? I know we've had the big break but it can't be many tbh

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

How many goals has he scored on 2020? I know we've had the big break but it can't be many tbh

Not really that bothered that we are out but slightly disappointed at our poor ball retention. Morelos looks way off the pace at the moment. Plus points for me were big Connor Goldson and to a lesser degree Helander. Goldson is more captain material than Tav IMO

Disappointing to see some of the posts about Morelos. He’s hit a barren spell at the moment. All strikers go through this.

It’s in our best interests to have him in the team scoring goals again whatever happens.

Well I’m deeply disappointed with that performance, we never registered a single shot on target in a game we had to score 3 times to succeed in.

I must be the only one not that impressed with the druggy works team, I though Braga were far superior, and I confidently predict they will go no further in the competition. Yes they were decent but we have beaten decent teams aplenty over last 2 years. Of course we lost the tie 5 months ago when the game shouldn’t have been played and we couldn’t beat Hamilton never mind Bayer, but I had hoped we would at least have a go or lay a glove on a side without a game in over a month. Yet we stood off them until they entered our half and let them get comfortable on the ball under no pressure.

Another hopeless goal conceded from the same situation with the gaping chasm in between Tav & Goldson, how many goals is that now in Europe from the same ballin between them? Must be 10 at least and still both are first picks and our tactics remain to allow this ball in time and time again. 

However It has been an absolutely sensational achievement to get this far, with many fantastic performances and some incredible results, now we need to start again and repeat it, hoping for some luck in the draw with the change in format and make some new amazing memories again in 20-21 for as long as football can be played before everything is shut down again.

SG is always brutally honest in his post match interviews and he nails it again tonight in admitting we were pish but it’s been a great run.

Focus now on domestic matches. Alfredo has had his head turned and while he didn’t have a good game tonight, he admits nobody did. Says he is confident that AM is professional enough to block out speculation and play when selected.

Big question is now on Sunday and what our front 3 will look like. Will Alfie be dropped? Will both new guys come straight in? 

I will stick my neck out and say it won’t include Barker!!