[FT] Bayer Leverkusen 1 - 0 Rangers

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Bayer Leverkusen 0 - 0 Rangers

I'm not going to complain when we can't retain the ball when we win it, because Peter Bosz is famous for his counter-pressing; it's what they're best at.

I will complain that we keep letting them run at us! It should be stopped, and we should be much more compact. Our lines are too stretched.

Add to that our lack of quality going forward... ugh. There were a couple of promising openings but we messed them up for ourselves.

Going by the first 45, if we get anything today, it would be daylight robbery, Bayer will thank UEFA for handing them a pre-paid first friendly fixture for the new season.

Bayer looks awesome (as did Braga, BTW), but we never get out of 2nd or 3rd gear. Slow, not covering the areas and anything we get forward is usually  wayward. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

why do we persist with Tav taking every set-piece? Need a little variation.

I hate to single him out but as we bring in more quality to the squad, it seems evident to me that Tav is a bit of a weak link. He stood out in a team of mediocre players but IMO his distribution and defending have been poor 

21 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Leverkusen are a top quality team, we can't even get a hold of the ball

Yep, they could very well win the whole thing.  No shame in going out to this team ??

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I wouldn't go that far - there's no one to replace him!!

Hagi, Jones or Stewart would do. Kent can go on the last man if need be. Morelos has been awful. 

Fairly well organised defensively but apart from a 5min spell before the water break, we've not laid a glove on them.  Our use of the ball is poor, our touch is poor, our decision-making poor and our press also lacks cohesion.

Leverkusen are a very good side but I feel we're offering them just a bit too much respect at times.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I hate to single him out but as we bring in more quality to the squad, it seems evident to me that Tav is a bit of a weak link. He stood out in a team of mediocre players but IMO his distribution and defending have been poor 

Nah bro...ain't NOBODY on our squad that could get a whiff on that team. They are a whole other level. Whole other level. We ain't there. No hate, no shame, we ain't there.