[FT] Rangers 3 (McCarthy og 24; Morelos 69, 74) - 0 St Mirren

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It has to be detrimental for the entire Scottish game. Last week we played away at the sheep. A side who have pretensions of being contenders, are playing at home, and doing pretty much exactly what the minnows do at Ibrox. It's pathetic.

Titter.

Not sure if you have noticed anything that the Aberdeen manager has said recently.

He has no such pretensions. 

I don't think McLaughlin is good with his feet at all. 

There was a simple pass, where all he had to do was roll it out to Goldson, but he over hit it and Tavernier had to scramble to keep it in. 

He's a decent replacement for McGregor, but I think his poor feet will cost us chances and goals. 

I think the lack of crowd helped us. 

We had several chances early that were blocked or saved. I think after the first few, the crowd would start their moaning and that would hamper the team. 

As it was, we kept plugging away and were solid defensively too without getting nervous from the crowd. 

I was still frustrated with the lack of quality in the final third, overall, but we kept plugging away and controlled the game. I just wonder if we could have kept it up with a baying crowd? 

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We seemed to be attempting more shots from further out, which was good to see, although most were blocked quite easily.

Difficult when there's 11 men in the six yard box...

I was pleased to see that when crosses went over the other side or knocked out the box, there were a few of our players ready to pick it up. 

It was great because there was more players in and around to box to take shots but also just to retain and keep the pressure up. 

I've only seen the RTV highlights (11 minutes long!) but it was quite incredible how many chances there were. From the highlights it really seemed like a bombardment. 

I really liked that third goal. Tap ins are the kind of goals we want to be scoring because they are normally the result of breaking a team down with good play. 

Who knows how long Morelos will be with us but if that is his final game I'm delighted he has signed off on a more positive note. 

And it doesn't feel like much of an achievement but another clean sheet is always good to get. Counting friendlies we have now kept clean sheets against Nice, Lyon, Coventry, Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Motherwell and St Mirren. We conceded 1 to Leverkusen. Sure, we do expect to keep clean sheets against the level of opposition we are now facing in the league but I think the signs are good. And I wish I had seen more of Balogun but from what I'm reading it seems we have unearthed a much higher quality centre back than any of us expected too which could be crucial when the inevitable injuries and suspensions take their toll.

Plenty to be optimistic about at the moment and we have Itten and Roofe's contributions to look forward to.