Jordan Jones and George Edmundson suspended by club for breaching Covid restrictions

Breaking...

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/club-statement-3/1nOblWCKliYLWhvua9zNmV

RANGERS have been made aware of an incident last night involving two of our players, Jordan Jones and George Edmundson.

Both players breached covid regulations by attending a private gathering with others outside of their household.

We can confirm that both players will be suspended pending an internal investigation. On the instruction of Dr Mark Waller, the players will also self isolate for 14 days.

Rangers Managing Director, Stewart Robertson commented, “The Chairman Douglas Park, Ross Wilson, Steven Gerrard and I discussed this matter as soon as it was brought to our attention.

"We are completely aligned in our action and the standards that are being set at Rangers.

"We will not tolerate behaviour that does not follow those standards and it is totally unacceptable for any of our players to be involved in anything that puts at risk the excellent protocols that have been put in place at Rangers.”

• Frankie changed the title to Jordan Jones and George Edmundson suspended by club for breaching Covid restrictions

Have a lot of sympathy with football players who, like the rest of us, are finding restrictions difficult (and such restrictions will arguably be tougher for them to an extend).

However, there is no excuse for very well paid professionals to go against advice & club requirements. Pleased to see club act swiftly and just hope our squad isn't affected in the next few weeks.

32 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Well that was a bit silly.  I suspect we may have seen the last of Jordan Jones in a Rangers shirt.

He's been given a couple of chances already by the manager.

I'd be astonished if he was given another after this display of complete stupidity and selfishness.

25 minutes ago, Frankie said:

He's been given a couple of chances already by the manager.

I'd be astonished if he was given another after this display or complete stupidity and selfishness.

That's a real shame; I thought he had something to offer in a Rangers jersey. But the club have acted promptly.

2 hours ago, Thinker said:

As mentioned, Jones has a history of this kind of stuff, but I'm disappointed and surprised at Edmundson - he always seemed to have his head screwed on better than this.

Yeh I agree with that. I said on this forum during the Bolognoli thing that Jones was going to be a risk for this kind of thing. Very predictable unfortunately.

Edited by DMAA