[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 33) - 0 Hibernian

11 hours ago, Bill said:

If we don't select a midfield next Saturday that's more capable of covering for Tavernier in defence then I fear we will either lose goals or we'll need to sacrifice his attacking role. The ease with which his forward runs have been exploited recently is unsettling.

I think we were saving Arfield for that game but his injury yesterday may have scuppered it.  Having Jack back could now be crucial but it's unlikely he'll be match fit.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

If Kamara and Davis were the answer, we wouldn’t be seeing opponents finding free possession behind our fullbacks. It’s not the players abilities  but how seldom either of them take up wide defensive positions behind our attacking fullbacks. Jack was very disciplined at that but he’s not available. The current selection gives us great control of midfield but does leave us a bit exposed to counter attacks down the flanks. Against packed defences that isn’t a problem but it took Hibs only a few minutes to show up the problem. 

And how many times thereafter? Aribo tracked back quite a bit too, Hagi not so. Aside from Kamara and Davis. The point was that we went back to 4-2-3-1 as opposed to the 4-3-3 in the games before. As long as we don`t have Jack, we`ll have to cope. Likewise, I do expect that people will be told their roles before each game and that against the mighty power of the Celtic attack, certain people`s roles will be addressed, as before. We`ve seen that every time we ventured into Europe this season, when I expected us being turned over quite a few times, but we adapted and showed resilience. I reckon we prepare for this game like we did for European ones, and the only factor that is "unknown" will be the unpredictability of the SPFL referee on the day.

On a sidenote, I would actually consider dropping Kent for Itten or Morelos on Saturday, given his recent form. In saying that though, his pace may very well hurt the Scum`s defence quite a bit ... and I harbour my doubts that Kent will be "dropped" unless he`s injured et al.

Edited by der Berliner

I think either of them would've been soft penalties.

Certain press outlets/journalists will always try to pick fault in any of our wins.  The more bitter they become, the more we know we're getting back to where we belong.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

The worst decision In the Hagi incident,  is an indirect free kick , whether it's in or out the box it's irrelevant .

Look at it again,Newell heads the ball as Hagi attempts the overhead kick then Newell follows the flight of the ball and when realising it was going nowhere ,for his team,then holds his face and goes down in a heap with no contact.

As play continues he gets up with no appeal and no need for physio assistance so in my eyes he was trying to cheat the ref.