[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 0 Rangers

As expected, a tough match with Utd throwing everything at us.

Problem we have is we seem to lose our shape and certainly don't have enough control of the ball within transitions.

What I would expect (I hope) is that Utd will tire as the game goes on and players like Kent will get a bit more space to operate.  However, we need to be much more authoritative on the ball, move it quicker and cope with the physical side of the match.  Do that and we'll create a bit more; don't, well, Malmo showed what can happen if we lose focus.

All in all, it's fairly obvious we're still lacking a fair amount of match sharpness which translates to half a yard on the pitch which is costing us in good situations.  That will come so I'm not worried but I do think our body language is poor at times when we should have a lot more confidence in ourselves.

Aribo and Morelos, for not having played much, look the most lively players up front, Kent and Lundstram hardly involved, and you always hope for that one telling cross from Tavernier to forget those half dozen plus wretched ones. Let`s see what SG makes of it, yet I wouldn`t be surprised if Arfield come on first ...

Were struggling to make clear cut chances in the last 3rd.  On a plus note aribo and morelos look sharp.  The last 20 minutes will be telling.  United cant keep this tempo up for 90 minutes.  But we have be better up front.   Weve been crossing balls in to the box with very little return for the last three games now and we need some fresh ideas.

Where has our tempo gone?

I think United have pretty much mirrored Malmo's approach? Lot's of energy, pressing high when they've turned us, over a dozen balls into our box, the raking diagonal mostly finding the forward wide player and, because we are narrow, they make progress in the wide areas.

Has the United keeper had a save to make?

One thing about having to play so many qualifiers in Europe over previous seasons is it had us up to speed by the time the league started.  Slightly concerned by our lack of cohesion but as i said before the game ill take a scrappy 1 0 win at this stage of the season.    

Dreadful first half. Low tempo no creativity and 35mins before we had a shot on target. 
Id be tempted to bring on Wright forAribo or kent and no doubt Itten will replace Morelos at some point 

Edited by RANGERRAB

• Frankie changed the title to Dundee Utd 0 - 0 Rangers