• Daniel Farke
    • Stuart McCall
    • Ally McCoist
    • Claude Puel
    • Nuno Espírito Santo

27 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

For what it is worth:

Raman Bhardwaj from STV (?) has tweeted that Rangers has

"...earmarked Derek McIness (sic) as the manager to take the job on a temporary basis."

If we were to give it someone on a temporary basis then I would rather have Kevin Thomson, give him till end of season to see how it goes.  Either that or Neil McCann.  Fuck, ANYONE but McInnes !!

Had to pick my boy out of loyalty, though I also do think he has what it takes to be successful at Rangers - he knows what the fans expect, he knows that anything less than 100% isn't good enough, he also has worked with some of the current crop at Auchenhowie.

That said, Gio would, for me, be a good pick - not only has he been successful as a manager but also spent a year being mentored by Pep at City.

Wonder if we could convince Iniesta to move to us as a player-manager (shameless plug for the fact I love Iniesta as a player, lol)

I don’t think Derek McInnes would be that bad an appointment, I’d say he’d be a safe pair of hands. , he got Aberdeen as high as could be reasonably expected & kept them there for 5/6 years despite player sales every year . 

We we need to win this title , I’m not particularly sniffy about who delivers it.

ps I voted Michael Beale.

Joining this thread 5 pages in has some advantages. Some quality posts here with good sound reasoning (I've dismissed one or two "moon howlers" - you know who you are by the votes!) I can see the logic of Beale attracting votes (a la Walter's succession) but it ain't gonna happen. The best fit of those listed is GVB (also tutored by Pep as someone already stated) but I really like KT. His comments on RTV commentary are always spot on. Also like NMcC for his tactical awareness. Be great if there was a role for either or both? Voted for GVB but it could also be a left field RW appointment!

Keven Thomson as assistant manager would be an absolute no brainer. If not the manager himself, we MUST have committed Rangers people around him. If KT was appointed manager it wouldn't break my heart.

KT may well be a future Rangers manager but not what we need at the moment. For the 1st time in years we have stability, success and have done well in Europe. We need someone who can build on that, not a rookie manager plucked from Kelty Hearts (who were until recently a junior team).

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

KT may well be a future Rangers manager but not what we need at the moment. For the 1st time in years we have stability, success and have done well in Europe. We need someone who can build on that, not a rookie manager plucked from Kelty Hearts (who were until recently a junior team).

Experience never guarantees success, as football shows us every week. It's not enough on it's own but by far the most important aspect of management is the character of the man himself. Our best managers have all shown that to be true.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

I think your bracketed comment at the end is testimony to what a fine young coach he is! They are in superb form and leading the division. I do agree however it is probably too early in his career and would probably rebound on him badly if it went T's up!