The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

Goldson cost us £3M, if I recall correctly?

We've certainly got our money's worth out of that deal. Four years service, in which he's barely missed a game.  

Unless it's to be closer to his family, I don't quite understand swapping European nights for a Championship scrap. 

Unless they can offer more money? That's possibly true. 

24 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Unless it's to be closer to his family, I don't quite understand swapping European nights for a Championship scrap. 

Unless they can offer more money? That's possibly true

I think people underestimate the pull of location. West Brom is right in the area where he was raised. He will have loads of friends and family there and maybe he, or his wife, would just like to move back.

They could match our wages I would think and have a good chance of promotion which would result in a pay rise far higher than what we can offer too, and playing at the top level of the game against the best players. 

There’s still a chance he’s planning to stay and he’s just keeping his options open and strengthening his negotiating position, but I wouldn’t be as baffled as some if he does join WBA. Footballers are human beings with families and the decision making process isn’t as straightforward as we think. The NF link is nonsense, they are already set up at centre back. 

Edited by DMAA

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

There’s still a chance he’s planning to stay and he’s just keeping his options open and strengthening his negotiating position, but I wouldn’t be as baffled as some he does join WBA. Footballers are humans with families and the decisions making process isn’t as straightforward as we think. The NF link is nonsense, they are already set up at centre back

Yes: Joe Worrall! :D 

45 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes: Joe Worrall! :D 

I always said he was a good player!
Their manager is on record as having said they have the best two centre backs in the league though, so it won’t be an area they are looking to strengthen. 

Edited by DMAA

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Goldson cost us £3M, if I recall correctly?

We've certainly got our money's worth out of that deal. Four years service, in which he's barely missed a game.  

Unless they can offer more money? That's possibly true. 

Absolutely. If he walks for free end of the season he has still been terrific value. Compare him with Helander who has missed a fair chunk of games, cost a similar fee. Probably on a slightly lower wage. Still a quality player. If he walks for free I don't think we look at him with the same value. I'd quite happily take my money back on him in the summer.