The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

4 hours ago, JohnMc said:

While I baulk at paying Hearts any sort fee for a player out of contract in 5 months the big picture is winning the league this season and the access to the Champion's League money that brings. That money could stabilise the club, clear our debts and set us up for a decade if used correctly. 

We currently have no natural right back cover and our left back cover is playing at centre half. It seems Simpson isn't good enough, both Gerrard and now GVB have been reluctant to play him, Helander is injured and might be back soon or might not, Balagun is fit again but is also in the final months of his contract as is Goldson. If both remain, no matter how professional both are, would they play through the pain barrier for us, would they risk injury or take a chance with a niggle for us? An injury to Tav and to Bassey or Barasic will see us really stretched and playing either weans or someone out of position, that's far from ideal. Buying Souttar now might be the best bit of business our board ever make. 

Exactly. I don’t understand the attitude people have to signing him in this window, it would be well worth it at the right price and I still hope a compromise can be reached. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Exactly. I don’t understand the attitude people have to signing him in this window, it would be well worth it at the right price and I still hope a compromise can be reached. 

If a deal is done it will inevitably be a last-minute/blink-first affair.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

If a deal is done it will inevitably be a last-minute/blink-first affair.

I didn't think it would come to that. The only real incentive for Hearts to sell now is if they can re-invest in a new signing in this window. Otherwise they are as well keeping him to try and secure 3rd place the conference league money. 

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I didn't think it would come to that. The only real incentive for Hearts to sell now is if they can re-invest in a new signing in this window. Otherwise they are as well keeping him to try and secure 3rd place the conference league money. 

The incentive for Hearts is money versus no money and they have bills to pay like everyone else.

I must be totally honest here , I see nothing in any of his youtube clips that show any reason for spending any serious money on this guy , he must have a Carlsberg agent or something , 3 games for us without beating an entire team from our own goialline and this guy will be branded a dud .

Kent has been amazing for us yet he is still given dogs abuse , I hope im wrong on this one .

14 minutes ago, rbr said:

I must be totally honest here , I see nothing in any of his youtube clips that show any reason for spending any serious money on this guy , he must have a Carlsberg agent or something , 3 games for us without beating an entire team from our own goialline and this guy will be branded a dud .

Kent has been amazing for us yet he is still given dogs abuse , I hope im wrong on this one .

His record for Denmark is great. He is playing Right wing back in Italy. We will certainly use him differently.