hemdani off to osasuna

Osasuna have confirmed an interest in signing Rangers utility player Brahim Hemdani.

The 29-year-old, who can play in defence or midfield, has been left out of Walter Smith's squad for the last two SPL matches.

Reports have suggested Hemdani is unhappy with the decision and has instructed his agents to sound out a new club.

Spanish side Osasuna, who sold Carlos Cuellar to Rangers earlier in the summer, have acknowledged an interest in Hemdani.

A club spokesman told the Daily Record: "Osasuna can confirm an interest in Brahim Hemdani, but there has been no agreement reached with Rangers at this time.

"It is a question of price, but we still have some time before the end of the transfer window."

Hemdani moved to Ibrox on a free transfer from Marseille two years ago and has made 73 appearances for The Gers

Agreed, he was dropped because he wasnt playing as well as Thomson, does he expect to keep his place in the team eventhough we have other options who are playing better?

If he is unhappy after being dropped for two games, he is as well leaving just now imo.

I know we bought Cueller from Osasuna and they maybe think we owe them a favour but I'd like us to keep a hold of Hemdani, I think he's reads the game better than Thomson and allows Fergie to get forward more. He doesn't give the ball away much either and is versatile.

Sorry to hear that but i thought it would happen. Hemdani is in my mind the most technical player we have, and is great at breaking up opposition attacks with his reading of the game. He will be a miss imo.

I'd rather we kept him.

Although Ferguson and Thomson may be first choice for home matches, occasionally I'd still prefer all 3 to feature in central midfield - especially in Europe.

If Hemdani were to leave and Ferguson or Thomson got injured/lost form (which isn't unlikely to be honest), I'm not too sure who would play centre-midfield...

Agreed, he was dropped because he wasnt playing as well as Thomson, does he expect to keep his place in the team eventhough we have other options who are playing better?

If he is unhappy after being dropped for two games, he is as well leaving just now imo.

Agree with this comment.

Would be an odd decision to let him go because, as Frankie points out, we don't have an abundance of options in central midfield.