7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would prefer we ease Jack into the team, gently. 

We have this problem with Ramsey, Jack, Roofe, Arfield and soon Helander. All are at risk of being rushed back. 

Edited by DMAA

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would prefer we ease Jack into the team, gently. 

He should always start and, if necessary, hook him at half time or after an hour. I'd also give him the armband while Tav is rested, and not Goldson.

Just now, Rousseau said:

The forces of good are taking a battering online. 

The memes are relentless. 

That's actually a good thing. If a performance like last night didn't hurt then we'd be less likely to respond the right way.

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Agreed.  Despite Celtic tiring and allowing us more possession/territory he and Balogun's presence did contribute to more comfort on and off the ball.

They should be the first names on the team sheet for Sunday.

i was amazed Balogun wasn't in the team though i would have dropped bassey for him. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

It isn't much of a consolation but Ryan Jack. He was pulling us back into single handedly and was inches away from scoring a worldie. He had no help at all from the attacking players.

I'm glad Jack's excellent strike didn't go in. At 3-0 down I would not have celebrated it, nor would many bears that were still watching, so it would have been a waste a perhaps papered over some cracks. The fact is the 2nd half didn't provide ANY positives, Jack said that himself in his post-match. I am mighty glad he's back. 

There may also be some optimism, in that Barisic looks to have played his last game and that it seems we will therefore have Bassey playing LB and Balogun LCH. That would improve us greatly. 

I will keep harping on about it, but I'm done with Tav, ( he has my thanks for the loyalty and great contributions. but that's in the distant past). He's now more of a bomb scare more often than not (again, his mistake almost cost us a goal last night), and his corners and crosses are and have been atrocious. Can't rely on him to take penalties either. I sincerely hope this is his last season. The sooner we blood in Zukowski the better. If Gio is not using Tav as a wing back and allow him the freedom to get up often, then I don't see what value he brings. 

Then we have the excitement and hope of seeing Ramsey alongside Jack and Aribo in midfield, all with creative qualities but steeliness too. Up top, the biggest impact I think GVB and Makaay ahve made is forcing Alfie to stay high and command the box, which has worked out well. We just need to figure out how Kent, Sakala and Roofe fit into the team. I'd prefer to see us play both Morelos and Roofe up front, but I've no idea how that fits together with the wingers etc. 

Aside from the players and formation, a big question mark hangs over the ability of GVB and his team to turn things around - it's a two horse race now and games against them will be vital. The test is to pick up max points and til we play them again and beat them at Ibrox.  Anything less, more dropped points and this season will end in disaster and us looking for a new manager. 

Edit: GVB won't be sacked immediately if we don't win the league, if he can navigate the CL qualifiers, he'll get more time. 

Edited by weebluedevil

4 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I'm glad Jack's excellent strike didn't go in. At 3-0 down I would not have celebrated it, nor would many bears that were still watching, so it would have been a waste a perhaps papered over some cracks.

Haha, I can't get on board with that at all. Would have denied them the clean sheet, a 3 goal win and given us a bit of hope for the final 20 minutes or whatever it was. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Haha, I can't get on board with that at all. Would have denied them the clean sheet, a 3 goal win and given us a bit of hope for the final 20 minutes or whatever it was. 

In fairness, that's based on me watching alone and already completely pissed off. If I was with some mates, I guess I could have mustered a fist pump. 

6 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

We just need to figure out how Kent, Sakala and Roofe fit into the team. I'd prefer to see us play both Morelos and Roofe up front, but I've no idea how that fits together with the wingers etc

I've no idea what his plan is. Ramsey has provided even more competition where we already had strong competition whilst we still don't have enough competition on the wings.

Roofe has to start when he is fit but he's not a winger so will the system be changed to accommodate him? A 3-5-2 based system would do that, and also get more out of our full backs. A 4-4-2 based system would too but we have way too many centre mids to play it.