3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't think that we should kid ourselves about the impact of our half time substitutions.

All three improved things but Celtic conceded posession deliberately.

That made it easy for our subs to look good.

If we’d managed to score early 2nd half could have been different.

look they’re not world beaters. They’re nowhere near as good as Rodger’s team. 
They came out the traps at 100mph first half and scored early then we gifted 2 before HT.

they do concede under pressure. Look at them in Europe. But we never did that tonight

2 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Agree. The changes were positive but they were playing a different game 2nd half, they allowed us more possession yet we still couldn't make a breakthrough. 

We put Sakala up against their LB Greg Taylor. That pushed them back.

My biggest worry tonight isn’t the players but the manager. I said before the game I was concerned GVB wouldn’t learn lessons from Gerrard and wouldn’t set up as compact. Gerrard’s Rangers wouldn’t have shipped 3 goals like that tonight. It felt like one manager schooling another. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

My biggest worry tonight isn’t the players but the manager. I said before the game I was concerned GVB wouldn’t learn lessons from Gerrard and wouldn’t set up as compact. Gerrard’s Rangers wouldn’t have shipped 3 goals like that tonight. It felt like one manager schooling another. 

Quite.

It was rare for Gerrard's team to be that far off an opponent.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Watching the goals again on RTV ... surely that has to be the last we see of Borna Barisic for a while.

i'd say the same of many players Bill. Kent for one. Probably tav too, McGregor beaten too easily at his near post for the second. Too many didn't turn up tonight, which is a wider issue. Management team also got it totally wrong and have done for weeks now, end of season big decisions to make for our board.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

i'd say the same of many players Bill. Kent for one

We have a very frustrating lack of competition in the wing positions. Kent’s competition is Sakala (a CF) and Scott Wright. That is literally it. We barely have a chance to mix it up. 

Just now, DMAA said:

We have a very frustrating lack of competition in the wing positions. Kent’s competition is Sakala (a CF) and Scott Wright. That is literally it. We barely have a chance to mix it up. 

I'm afraid that looks to be reflected across the entire team. I don't see us winning anything under the current management. Just need to be honest and say it.

12 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He should have started. Reputation over form as usual. 

We need to learn how to use Sakala though. He’s not a natural number9 for me and won’t get enough goals

hes maybe better to suited to a 4-4-2 playing up top as one of the 2 in a wider role