2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Tonight, the lessons I learned were...

1. McGregor is still a capable keeper and redeemed his reputation big time. Without him we could easily have been six down at HT.

2. Bassey is never a centre back but he is our best left back. Barisic's role is now cover for Bassey.

3. Tavernier's loss of form is getting worse and he badly needs a rest. Zukowski has more experience than Bassey and should be blooded pronto.

4. Balogun made a huge difference when he came on with his pace and aggression. Helander or Balogun but never Bassey.

5. Jack is quite peerless among our midfielders and his partnership with Ramsey could lift us to a new level

6. There is still a role for Steve Davis as backup to Jack. Kamara has gone stale and needs to recharge his batteries. We didn't miss him at all.

8. Three up front and two attacking fullbacks is madness

9. There is very little leadership on the park. It may be harsh but it's time for a change of captain soon.

10. Morelos is still an absolutely essential part of this team.

11. Our manager is going to be under massive scrutiny to prove he can address tonight's clusterphukk. 

Cant argue with any of that. I would add 12. Kent needs to be given instructions how to link better with his team mates. If he cant turn it around, Sakala should take his place on the left forward position. 

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

As much as I agree with most of what you say, I think it's harsh on Kamara as he was playing in a different game than the one Jack entered. It was clear that they chose to sit back soak up our limited pressure. 

I've read post after post for weeks saying how good Kamara is in games that I've watched and seen him be wasteful in passing and fade in and out of games. I understand how good a player he is and has been but there's only so long you can go on living on the credit of past performances. The issue with Kamara isn't that anyone thinks he's not a very good player, it's that he isn't showing it in anything but snatches in games and his tempo is often debilitatingly slow. He needs to refresh and regroup.

3 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Cant argue with any of that. I would add 12. Kent needs to be given instructions how to link better with his team mates. If he cant turn it around, Sakala should take his place on the left forward position. 

I think Sakala is more effective on the right.

1 minute ago, onevision said:

A lot of negatives concerning Tav but never hides.

That's true. I remember clearly John Greig going through occasional excruciating dips in form and he never hid either. Tav needs help to recover his confidence and form. A wee rest could be all it takes. Meanwhile we need to know if we have a Polish dud or a Polish star and there's only one way to do that.