Balogan

Bassey

Ramsey

Jack

Aribo

Amad or Kent or Wright?

Alfie

Fashion or Kent? 

I'd drop kent with aribo out left arfield behind the striker and sakala out right.   Jack and Ransey in the centre.   Barasic out bassey at left back balagun in centre half.

Ryan Jack's performance was captains material and I hope Gio takes note.  With Ramsey next to him I recon well fix our dysfunctioning midfield and finally look like a team again.   Ryan Jack could very well save our season.

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

2. Bassey is never a centre back but he is our best left back. Barisic's role is now cover for Bassey.

No problems with Bassey at centre back as a stopgap measure but it's clear that Barisic has to be put under pressure.

3. Tavernier's loss of form is getting worse and he badly needs a rest. Zukowski has more experience than Bassey and should be blooded pronto.

I think that would be too drastic. With 2 or 3 other changes we should wait to give Zukowski a chance.

5. Jack is quite peerless among our midfielders and his partnership with Ramsey could lift us to a new level

It's great if Jack can get back in the team but if we are relying on him then we are in a bad place.

6. There is still a role for Steve Davis as backup to Jack. Kamara has gone stale and needs to recharge his batteries. We didn't miss him at all.

I think Kamara is our best midfielder when on form. Particularly against better quality opposition. He has had it too easy though and guaranteed selection has led to a decline in form. Competition for places may turn things around.

8. There is very little leadership on the park. It may be harsh but it's time for a change of captain soon.

That's a high risk move. Some of the players, maybe Kent and Aribo, looked a little like shirking responsibility in attack tonight. The manager should be able to do something about that before changing the captain.

Tavernier isn’t being dropped. He’s being criticised for his defensive play and that’s where Zukowski is weak. I’ve only seen highlights but trust me, he’s got a lot to work on defensively going by the goals he cost his team. Better at dribbling than Tavernier and faster but he’s a backup. 

Disgraceful from start to finish,

Our game plan for weeks has been unclear, tonight that came to fruition. No midfield AGAIN.  a Ryan Jack who has played 0 games in a year brought in at half time to trn things around.. a very unfair roll of the dice.

I will come out and call it now. Management = clueless. Players = gutless. Next 3 games for us decide the league.  I'll be amazed if we pick up 9 points.

Then for our 'captain' to shun the post match interview and let Ryan Jack do it.. just give it up. You don't have the guts. End of.

Too many backed off tonight when it called for aggressive go for it. Barisic and Tav a disgrace. An invisible midfield. An isolated striker. De ja vu.

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't think that we should kid ourselves about the impact of our half time substitutions.

All three improved things but Celtic conceded posession deliberately.

That made it easy for our subs to look good.

Agree. The changes were positive but they were playing a different game 2nd half, they allowed us more possession yet we still couldn't make a breakthrough.