[FT] Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic (Ramsey 3')

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Weren't playing well but were winning and were clear at top of league. 

Our decline started after Gio took over and looks likely to continue. We'll finish 10-12 points behind.

Feel free to make your mind up on this important point.

13 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Feel free to make your mind up on this important point.

I have- last season when we won the league at a canter there were times when we were very poor. However, we found ways to win as we were doing earlier in season. 

17 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Demanding a Europa league win is just silly.

Why worry about a treble?

The domestic cups are nice to win but utterly meaningless.

So the Scottish Cup semi final - we can dismiss that as a meaningless match that we don't have to win? That's a huge relief, i was worried, and now i don't even need to watch it. Gio will be glad not to have the pressure as well. Please let him know. 

Edited by weebluedevil

Just now, weebluedevil said:

So the Scottish Cup semi final - we can dismiss that as a meaningless match that we don't have to win? That's a huge relief, i was worried, and now i don't even need to watch it. 

Although that might be advisable you should still watch it.

I admit it's an exaggeration to say it is meaningless but the only real value is the chance to knock Celtic out.

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I have- last season when we won the league at a canter there were times when we were very poor. However, we found ways to win as we were doing earlier in season. 

Right, right, except for home draws to Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell.

As an aside the team just happened to find ways to drop six points in those matches.

The point of substance is that there was something not right with the team. This has continued through almost all of the season.

Edited by ranger_syntax

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The domestic cups are nice to win if you are winning the league, the take on greater importance when you have chucked the league. 

Could be that some fans will need a distraction.

The importance remains tiny in comparison to the league and Europe.

We were very poor at the start of the season under Gerrard, but Celtic were a shambles, so we got away with it. Whatever the issue was with the players, SG seemed unable to identify it or fix it. We kept getting told nothing happened during pre-season, but we were stuttering from the off.

Gio came in and has been largely unable to fix the same issues - he’s papered over the cracks by tweaking the system, but many of the same issues from the start of the year have remained. He bottled his first big decision by not dropping McGregor and Europe apart, has looked out of his depth.

Are the players to blame for seemingly being unable to raise their game in the league? I still think we have the best squad in the league, but some players are criminally underused, some seem to get picked regardless of performance and we still lack a “plan b”. Some things never change…

Not long home from game and feeling crap,anyway my take on things.

1) How did a defence that lost so few goals last season descend into today.

2) What has happened to Aribo,at one stage heading towards our POTY,

3) How many of today do we persevere with e.g. Tav/Kent.Roofe.

4) A couple of positives Lundstrom and Bassey who improves from game to game

5) Referee again lets umpteen scum fouls go and first booking is for a Gers player,who actually won the ball.A linesman who gave NO off-sides first half and must have charged up his flag for amount given second half.

6) Same ref that missed blatant penalty claim.

Finally it was no surprise result today with the league form we have shown.

Hopefully Euro and Scottish Cup might cheer us up.

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Could be that some fans will need a distraction.

The importance remains tiny in comparison to the league and Europe.

Thought that was what I said...

Europe will be over soon, just hope we still retain an interest in the Scottish Cup.