I keep hearing about this European run but have you ever thought most of our opponents are thse same level of mediocrity as us ,that's why most of these teams are in the Thursday night Cup 

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's a huge disappointment we haven't exploited these financial opportunities.

I'm sure in an interview Ross Wilson claimed the financial impact COVID restrictions had on the game had caused a financial issue with the type of market we are looking to sell into. I cannot find a link. It may have been on a RTV Video.

I did however find plenty of articles claiming we don't need to sell and any money raised will be reinvested back into the squad. Looking forward to us spending the Patterson money then.

Speaking live to the media this afternoon as shared on Sky Sports, Wilson responded to claims players have to be sold.

“We as a club have been clear on that,” he said.

“There’s no mandate to the manager that we have to sell players, we’ve been really, really clear in our communication that we see player trading that has to be normal.

“We’ve rejected some significant offers for some of our players in the past two windows, and we’ll do so again unless they’re the right offers for the right players at the right time.

“If we accept any offers then what we’ll definitely be doing, is reinvesting back in the squad to keep taking us forward.”

Source: https://www.ibroxnews.com/2021/11/22/ross-wilson-no-rangers-players-need-to-be-sold/

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'm sure in an interview Ross Wilson claimed the financial impact COVID restrictions had on the game had caused a financial issue with the type of market we are looking to sell into. I cannot find a link. It may have been on a RTV Video.

I did however find plenty of articles claiming we don't need to sell and any money raised will be reinvested back into the squad. Looking forward to us spending the Patterson money then.

Source: https://www.ibroxnews.com/2021/11/22/ross-wilson-no-rangers-players-need-to-be-sold/

I don't think any of that matters too much. I said I was disappointed, I didn't try to blame anyone. Wilson might be right or wrong, I don't know. Besides, people often say the wrong things for all the right reasons and words without context can be very dangerous. What would the effect have been if Wilson had said "we absolutely have to sell players or we're in real danger of being unable to sustain a winning team" and then (for whatever reason) hadn't been able to close an acceptable deal? 

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think any of that matters too much. I said I was disappointed, I didn't try to blame anyone. Wilson might be right or wrong, I don't know. Besides, people often say the wrong things for all the right reasons and words without context can be very dangerous. What would the effect have been if Wilson had said "we absolutely have to sell players or we're in real danger of being unable to sustain a winning team" and then (for whatever reason) hadn't been able to close an acceptable deal? 

You said you were disappointed we hadn't exploited these financial opportunities, just trying to add some background on why that may be. Only people who really know are the club ultimately.  

15 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

You said you were disappointed we hadn't exploited these financial opportunities, just trying to add some background on why that may be. Only people who really know are the club ultimately.  

I get that I’m just saying maybe we shouldn’t shine a light on specific individuals like Ross Wilson without knowing those details. 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

out of contract after this season and intends to go back to Germany i believe but Katic will be back from loan

Thanks. I didn't know that. 

Meh-- he's getting on a bit. 

I''m not Katic's biggest fan, but I suppose he could be an option. I'd still want to sign someone, though. 

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not ideal IF true.

IMG-20220407-WA0003.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised. Even a bottom 6 team could pay him more than us and give him more game time. The reality is why didn't we tie him down sooner but there you go. He must be sold if thats the case.

PS brian looks mental

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats