I see we're voting on VAR soon, surely that will come in and be a step in the right direction assuming the usual characters don't screw it up or try to do it on the cheap? 

As for Gio, if we give him a chance to have a proper transfer window to build his own team, I really hope he gets the funds to do it properly and have a real clearout of those players who've chucked it yet again. I guess that might come down to whether or not we get bids for Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Kamara?

I keep hearing our fans telling us that we have better players than Celtic and their manager is a dud  but at least him across the city is getting a tune  from his players.

Our manager isn’t getting a thing from what is mostly a squad that won the league at a canter and in my opinion that’s the manager’s fault and I would sack him today  might be a tad harsh but I never tolerated failure ..

I am a very bad loser 

Edited by compo

They won the league at a canter after building up a massive lead and not really being under pressure from anyone. Apart from in the cups, where they folded like a cheap deck of cards... again.

Someone posted a points-per-game average for this season under Gio and SG. They're pretty similar which makes me think the players are the issue... Although Gio has not done a lot to convince me that he's the man for the job as there's going to be some tough decisions to be made.

Am buzzing for the Braga game though, even without Alfie.

9 minutes ago, compo said:

I keep hearing our fans telling us that we have better players than Celtic and their manager is a dud  but at least him across the city is getting a tune  from his players.

Our manager isn’t getting a thing from what is mostly a squad that won the league at a canter and in my opinion that’s the manager’s fault and I would sack him today  might be a tad harsh but I never tolerated failure ..

I am a very bad loser 

I keep going between the two extremes of agreeing fully with you to then thinking all the help he got was a few loans in January, and if the squad have chucked it mentally then there is not much he can do.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I keep going from agreeing fully with you to then thinking all the help he got was a few loans in January, and if the squad have chucked it mentally then there is not much he can do.

I don’t think there’s a lot of money for new players and if we spend peanuts we will only get monkeys 

17 minutes ago, compo said:

I don’t think there’s a lot of money for new players and if we spend peanuts we will only get monkeys 

Agree again. But then who do we bring in? Who is going to take it if we bin Gio. With no money to spend we are not an attractive proposition for someone. We will also have to pay big money to pay off Gio and his backroom team.

I think it is too soon to be thinking of replacing the manager.  I have some doubts but have more doubts about the players who only seem at their best in Europe.  Tells us where their heads are at.

19 hours ago, CammyF said:

So if they fail to improve OUR club despite a growing list of issues that are not being addressed, we just sit back and say, "acht this is the best we can get?" Surely that's not the Rangers we want or indeed need. 

The support should continue to raise the valid concerns that we have, and you've raised a number of them in a previous reply to me. We should continue banging away, but it doesn't mean that I want the board to resign if they don't happen when there aren't any obvious replacements. 

GVB will certainly be the manager going into next season. But he’ll need to up things big style if he’s going to be here beyond that.

Losing his first two OF games to a very average Celtic team doesn’t look good for the future

Im beginning to find his team selections & tactics too predictable.
And his loyalty to Alan McGregor incomprehensible  

Edited by RANGERRAB