[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 2', 44' Pen; Roofe 101') - 1 Braga

Terrific performance this evening.  I thought we deserved to go through in normal time but a wee lapse cost us and we had to keep going.  Credit to all the players for continuing to attack and do it well.

I'm delighted.

I hope we can carry this momentum into Sunday's game against the scum of the Earth.  

Ouch! Nursing a mini hangover thanks to overdoing it last night with 3 celebratory beers (not much of a drinker these days...). What a brilliant footballing night of tension and what a performance! Intensity from the first whistle and players being brave on the ball. So many positives to take from the players overall attitude. If we continue with the same intensity, bravery and belief on Sunday, we won't be far away.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Still on cloud 9 after last night. Was still wide awake at 2am buzzing. I cannot believe the number of really top chances we created against a strong side in a Euro QF. I feared we would end up regretting the misses, and while we may regret it more on Sunday than today, I will just bask in this result first and hope the adrenalin can carry us forward and into the Scottish Cup Final. 

Borna was superb, our captain put in another incredible shift with a cool-headed strikers finish for the opener, Roofe was a constant threat on the break and in the box, Lundstrum strolled it, Ramsay looked class and kept taking up great positions and linking up really well. The only one I thought was dreadful was, as usual, Bombscare Goldson. Cost us the goal yet again, his passing was shocking, and looks the weak link every week. Where did that colossus from last year disappear to? And while i'm not dwelling on negatives, WTF Scotty "Van Vossan" Arfield!!!!! How was that possible? I'm a big fan of his but the more I see that back the more I dont believe what my eyes are showing me!

Absolutely over the moon, we're on our way, we're on our way!

5 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Still on cloud 9 after last night. Was still wide awake at 2am buzzing. I cannot believe the number of really top chances we created against a strong side in a Euro QF. I feared we would end up regretting the misses, and while we may regret it more on Sunday than today, I will just bask in this result first and hope the adrenalin can carry us forward and into the Scottish Cup Final. 

Borna was superb, our captain put in another incredible shift with a cool-headed strikers finish for the opener, Roofe was a constant threat on the break and in the box, Lundstrum strolled it, Ramsay looked class and kept taking up great positions and linking up really well. The only one I thought was dreadful was, as usual, Bombscare Goldson. Cost us the goal yet again, his passing was shocking, and looks the weak link every week. Where did that colossus from last year disappear to? And while i'm not dwelling on negatives, WTF Scotty "Van Vossan" Arfield!!!!! How was that possible? I'm a big fan of his but the more I see that back the more I dont believe what my eyes are showing me!

Absolutely over the moon, we're on our way, we're on our way!

I think it's churlish to single out Goldson after last night. I thought he did well apart from one slight dip in concentration.

What a night so much to go through. Some really great performances. 

Goldson was superb but a lapse at the goal. 

Basey great all round and his ball for the first var goal and the one for the pen and red. 

Barasic tremendous. 

Ramsey looking great. 

Jack strolled it. 

Roofe a major threat and really unlucky not to get another Hat trick. 

Aribo back to his best. 

Tav the best player ever to play football. 

Edit

I forgot Lundstrum who was superb, truly superb. 

Edited by the gunslinger