Calvin Bassey SCF Performance

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Discuss away until your hearts content, nobody stopping you - floors yours.

To say something is interesting is to say that you want to know more about it. You say this is interesting because you are surprised that a B.B.C. columnist would write something positive about Rangers.

I don't know what more you want to know about Tom's decision to write this article. I can't even imagine what is unclear about it. Rangers won the Scottish cup. Bassey is attracting attention from outwith Scotland after the Europa league final. Tom wants page views to justify himself to his employers. He is riding Bassey's coat tails to get those page views.

(Want to get inside the tiny mind of a columnist? See here for more info)

The article itself is rubbish. You can distill it down to a handful of obvious facts including, but not limited to, the following:

1. Bassey is fit enough to play extra time in two successive matches.

2. Rangers have not won many trophies recently.

3. Rangers faced a challenge to motivate themselves for the Scottish cup final.

4. A series of facts about play in the Scottish cup final.

All well known to us and buried within Tom's excessively verbose text.

I thought I would find some interesting opinion contained within but I didn't.

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Not being able to translate this I am assuming that Chelsea may be interested in Bassey.

Have to take this with a pinch of salt considering Chelsea's perilous position just now.

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs like Chelsea and Bayern Munich are looking at Bassey.  

His improvement throughout this season has been incredible and at 22, there's plenty of room for more.  

9 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Not being able to translate this I am assuming that Chelsea may be interested in Bassey.

Have to take this with a pinch of salt considering Chelsea's perilous position just now.

Chelsea and Bayern Munich, of course all rumours are to be treated the same, however he is a huge potential and has proven himself this season 

The kid is a gamer.

You can tell he has that switch.

That wasn't 'leggy' so much as it was 'hurt feelins' from most of the team Saturday.

'Yesterday's done...let's get this'...that's so rare.

Bassey was assholes and elbows gettin at it like a man does. 

Just love his mindset, work ethic, skill set, just an aces player.

Man, I hope he stays. 

9 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

After being one of the main reasons Rangers reached the Europa League final this season, Calvin Bassey was his team's best player in the named final. Despite being defeated on penalties, the merit of the young central defender remains intact. Two big clubs in Europe, Bayern Munich and Chelsea, try to close the arrival of the Nigerian in the next summer transfer market.

Imposing in the crossing, good in the air, quick in space, with great character... These are some of the characteristics that define Calvin Bassey, the central defender of Glasgow Rangers who has been unleashed as one of the best players in the Europa League . Thanks to their good defensive work, the Scottish team was able to make a splash and met in Seville against Eintracht Frankfurt. Although the British fell in the penalty shootout, Calvin Bassey signed a pristine match.

The good work of the young central defender, born in Italy but international with the Nigerian National Team, has aroused the interest of two great clubs in Europe. Despite having a contract with Rangers until 2024, Calvin Bassey could make the big leap in the next transfer market.

The 2 big clubs that want to sign the best defender in the Europa League

-Bayern Munich: After confirming the departure of Niklas Süle, in addition to the arrival of Antonio Rüdiger at Real Madrid, the Bavarian team has been left without possible troops in defense. For this reason, Calvin Bassey is presented as a possible candidate to reinforce the defensive plot.

-Chelsea: The London team is the best positioned to sign the Nigerian defender. After the departure of Antonio Rüdiger, added to the more than possible departures of César Azpilicueta and Andreas Christensen, those from Stamford Bridge must urgently reinforce the defensive plot. Calvin Bassey, adapted to British football, would be a great reinforcement.