The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

8 hours ago, Malangsob said:

How much do the Turks want for this kid 5, 6M?

People all round quickly confuse Euros with pound Sterling. IMHO, they want Euro 6m plus a sell on fee. 

Do we really want to buy a leftback-back-up for 5+m?

Edited by der Berliner

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

People all round quickly confuse Euros with pound Sterling. IMHO, they want Euro 6m plus a sell on fee. 

Id be hoping we are buying a 1st choice left back for 5+ million. We can do better than Borna. We are profiling a young guy with potential to improve. 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Normally no, but when Borna's form goes sideways every year...very much so.

We need to buy Borna a service animal for when he goes to that 'bad place' mentally every season.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Id be hoping we are buying a 1st choice left back for 5+ million. We can do better than Borna. We are profiling a young guy with potential to improve. 

My question was more rhethorical. IF we buy someone for 5m, he sure is signed to be a starter, which leaves the question, what we`ll do with Borna. Usually, you want a couple of top quality guys for each position, so after a phase of introduction, you`d expect a 5m signing (if it happens) is the first choice.

On a related note, IMHO we overdid that with Kent, who, as a 7m-signing was played no matter what.

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

My question was more rhethorical. IF we buy someone for 5m, he sure is signed to be a starter, which leaves the question, what we`ll do with Borna. Usually, you want a couple of top quality guys for each position, so after a phase of introduction, you`d expect a 5m signing (if it happens) is the first choice.

On a related note, IMHO we overdid that with Kent, who, as a 7m-signing was played no matter what.

Perhaps he is signed as a starter, but i see it as an investment too. We can potentially make more money from him in a few years. We know Borna has great games and bad games and not much in between. I'd be comfortable with us investing heavily in a replacement. Thing is with a young player with the profile or Yilmaz there may be time for him to bed in, settle in Scotland, learn a little English etc. 

I agree completely RE Kent. We overpaid for him IMO. Great signing he has been for us but Liverpool drove a hard deal.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I agree completely RE Kent. We overpaid for him IMO. Great signing he has been for us but Liverpool drove a hard deal.

We enter into the EPL transfer market bubble and we will have to pay over the odds, period.

Best to shop elsewhere.

That said, Kent has been an excellent player for us and you could argue that In Europe, he has repaid the club a large chunk of the 7M.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

We enter into the EPL transfer market bubble and we will have to pay over the odds, period.

Best to shop elsewhere.

That said, Kent has been an excellent player for us and you could argue that In Europe, he has repaid the club a large chunk of the 7M.

Absolutely, but if i recall correctly Kent had one year left on this deal at Liverpool and no other suitors. So from where we are it was a big signing. 

He has been a great signing for us, no doubt. I just hope he doesn't walk out the door for nothing in 12 months time.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

I'd give him away for free.