The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

59 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Calling someone a "panty wetter" is fine if they're going nuts and making unreasonable demands.

I don't think those of us who are questioning the lack of activity, particularly since CL qualification, fall into that category.  

Sorry I should have explained better , I wasn’t having a go at posters on here , but on other forums and especially twitter .

I really think though that having a squad of nigh on 30 players , though that does include Devine , Lowry , McCann and Kieran Wright I’d big enough , it was 32 but Kelly and Katic are away .

we just can’t keep buying players , it’s the harsh reality of where we are .

And we need to keep the pathway for young players free .

Edited by rbr

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

A positive result on Saturday and all will be wonderful again.

Get beat and social media might be for avoiding until just before Ajax .......repeat.

A good result on Saturday and the quality / depth of the squad should be separate issues, but I know some fans will not agree! 

We have enough quality in our squad to get a result on Saturday, we've beaten much better teams than Celtic (PSV being the most recent). Whether we get a result will ne down to how the players perform on the day. 

The depth of squad will not impact Saturdays result, however, it will undoubtedly have an impact the results over the course of the season. 

If we can get Helander, Davies, Soutar, Hagi, Roofe, Lowery, Lawrence, Alfie etc back fully fit and keep them fit, IMO the squad has sufficient depth and quality. If not, or we get more players out for prolonged periods or time, we'll struggle. 

Given the qualification for the CL and having 8 1st team players out, its understandable the fans (and manager) were expecting reinforcements.

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

A good result on Saturday and the quality / depth of the squad should be separate issues, but I know some fans will not agree! 

We have enough quality in our squad to get a result on Saturday, we've beaten much better teams than Celtic (PSV being the most recent). Whether we get a result will ne down to how the players perform on the day. 

The depth of squad will not impact Saturdays result, however, it will undoubtedly have an impact the results over the course of the season. 

If we can get Helander, Davies, Soutar, Hagi, Roofe, Lowery, Lawrence, Alfie etc back fully fit and keep them fit, IMO the squad has sufficient depth and quality. If not, or we get more players out for prolonged periods or time, we'll struggle. 

Given the qualification for the CL and having 8 1st team players out, its understandable the fans (and manager) were expecting reinforcements.

Of course, but you know how Rangers (and other) message boards tend to react #bipolar

I'd settle for DLWW for next 4.

Keep us in the hunt.

Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Of course, but you know how Rangers (and other) message boards tend to react #bipolar

I'd settle for DLWW for next 4.

Keep us in the hunt.

Nothing other than 4 wins will he acceptable 🤪

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Nothing other than 4 wins will he acceptable 🤪

I generally float between realism and pessimism. 

Lower expectations makes the good, feel better.

I genuinely didn't see us being able to keep a clean sheet in Eindhoven. You'll be reassured to know I think similar for this weekend.