The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

25 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I think it's pretty incredible that we've sold a LB for 20+ million and we still have a LB of Borna's ability at the club.

Same with Patterson and Tav - raked in circ £35-£40M for two players who weren't established 1st team players.

Don't get me wrong, Patterson and Bassey are both excellent players, but this has to be seen as a positive. This has to be our model going forward. 

Fans may not like it, but getting huge fees for "potential" is massive. That's why we signed 4 of 5 players for the B Team. 

Lowry and McCann look like the two who could be next. Both have huge potential and clubs already sniffing around Lowry - that's why it was essential we got him signed up on a new contract. 

I wrote an article almost quarter of a century ago saying that we needed to invest more in youth and development teams as that is where the profit comes - Patterson and Bassey are proof this works.

I assume that John Brown is still on the payroll as a scout for us?  He was at Dundee td v Sunderland game. Running the eye over Ross Stewart? Or possibly looking at Graham the Scotland U21 CD? 
Then again maybe just fancied a day out at the Fitba.

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Same with Patterson and Tav - raked in circ £35-£40M for two players who weren't established 1st team players.

Don't get me wrong, Patterson and Bassey are both excellent players, but this has to be seen as a positive. This has to be our model going forward. 

Fans may not like it, but getting huge fees for "potential" is massive. That's why we signed 4 of 5 players for the B Team. 

Lowry and McCann look like the two who could be next. Both have huge potential and clubs already sniffing around Lowry - that's why it was essential we got him signed up on a new contract. 

I wrote an article almost quarter of a century ago saying that we needed to invest more in youth and development teams as that is where the profit comes - Patterson and Bassey are proof this works.

Spot on. Profit certainly does come from youth & development.

about 3 years ago I read an article about Manchester City having sold 15 young players for £150m who had only 30 first team starts between them.

we’re not at that level…..yet 🤠