The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I must be missing something. Where does a valuation of £4m for Ben Davies come from and why are we signing yet another CB? If he was a proven left back I could at least understand the attraction, if not the price.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

I must be missing something. Where does a valuation of £4m for Ben Davies come from and why are we signing yet another CB? If he was a proven left back I could at least understand the attraction, if not the price.

The fee is £3M with £1M add on. Not a bad fee for a player who's played nearly 200 games in Championship. 

We do need a CB - Helander is injured and can't be relied on, Katic and Simpson aren't good enough, which only leaves Soutar and King. Sands to fill in if / when required but is a midfield player. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that we still need a left back (and centre forward) and think we'll sign one or two more players before the season starts. 

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The fee is £3M with £1M add on. Not a bad fee for a player who's played nearly 200 games in Championship. 

I'm interested in why he got stuck in the Championship for so long and I'm interested in whether or not at £4m he's value for money at Rangers. I hope he is and I trust our recruitment team but I'm not seeing an up and coming young pro who's ready to break through.

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

IMG-20220717-WA0001.jpg

4M?

We are gettin rolled.

The red shit paid five hundred grand and he never saw their pitch.

Then got loaned to the blades and played like a mannequin.

Mark my word...this is a piss poor call.

Don't believe me though...22:00

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'm interested in why he got stuck in the Championship for so long and I'm interested in whether or not at £4m he's value for money at Rangers. I hope he is and I trust our recruitment team but I'm not seeing an up and coming young pro who's ready to break through.

All transfers have a risk attached, and like you I trust Gio and our recruitment team. Liverpool bought him and didn't play him and he was loaned to Sheffield United. He was a standout when he played for Preston and his career has not taken off (as yet).

26 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

4M?

We are gettin rolled.

The red shit paid five hundred grand and he never saw their pitch.

Then got loaned to the blades and played like a mannequin.

Mark my word...this is a piss poor call.

Don't believe me though...22:00

The total fee was £1.6M and he only had 6 months left on his contract. 

I'll reserve judgement on him until I see him play for Rangers. I'm sure we can find YouTube clips showing errors made by lets say, Calvin Bassey, whom we've sold for €27M or thereabouts. 

15 minutes ago, CammyF said:

The total fee was £1.6M and he only had 6 months left on his contract. 

I'll reserve judgement on him until I see him play for Rangers. I'm sure we can find YouTube clips showing errors made by lets say, Calvin Bassey, whom we've sold for €27M or thereabouts. 

As that is about what he is worth...~1.5M

That would be a fair market value.

No way, on any planet is that cat worth 4M.

His performance last season alone does not warrant a 120% jump in value.

No way no how.

We're gettin robbed.