The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Considering it doesn't seem like weeks since we were all complaining about no activity this window is turning into an interesting one.

Just read something about Darius Olaru(?) but he sounds a bit out of our price range although we obviously have some now with the sales of Bassey and Aribo

A bit of flesh to Patrick Cutrone`s rumour. He is only 24, in his last year at Wolves, who have 3 more centre-forwards, who are seemingly ahead of him in the packing order. He`s played 213 games, 79 goals, 18 assists, of which in Serie A  120 (21 goals, 8 assists), 14 in the EPL (2, 0), in Primavera B 31 (22, 3) and Primavera A 22 (19, 3). All in all, some healthy stats for that age, experience and goals-wise. We might try a deal for a loan here, or a cut-down fee, which we are likely to recover from a future sale.

Cutrone`s stats at TM

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

If we bring in the Turk and the suggestion that Borna is open to a move, we'll need another LB surely?  Or is Devine ready to be a dependable backup?

I thought Devine was a RB, not a LB

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

It says they signed that guy from AC Milan for  £16m...ion 2019.

I know they are gonna move him on a discount but...

On a separate note...these English clubs have more money than sense.

They pay through the nose for players...then run through 2, 3, 4 managers...and then it's...

"It just hasn't worked out for him in England"

Well no shit Sherlock!

How many managers has this clown car of a club had since this kid has been there?

2.  You have the wrong club.  You are thinking of Watford, not Wolves.

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

A bit of flesh to Patrick Cutrone`s rumour. He is only 24, in his last year at Wolves, who have 3 more centre-forwards, who are seemingly ahead of him in the packing order. He`s played 213 games, 79 goals, 18 assists, of which in Serie A  120 (21 goals, 8 assists), 14 in the EPL (2, 0), in Primavera B 31 (22, 3) and Primavera A 22 (19, 3). All in all, some healthy stats for that age, experience and goals-wise. We might try a deal for a loan here, or a cut-down fee, which we are likely to recover from a future sale.

Cutrone`s stats at TM

IMHO those stats look very poor for a traditional striker.  I guess you and I are just philosophically opposed dB :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Played for Empoli last season in Serie B i believe

Empoli were in Serie A last season. 

It was the season before they were in Serie B. He wasn't playing for them then. 

42 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Darius Olaru(?) but he sounds a bit out of our price range

Would cost the same or more as we sold Aribo for, I think he is a good player but not sure we are *that* desperate for an attacking midfielder at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Empoli were in Serie A last season. 

It was the season before they were in Serie B. He wasn't playing for them then. 

My bad! 

19 minutes ago, craig said:

2.  You have the wrong club.  You are thinking of Watford, not Wolves.

While it is unclear whether Wolves are open to letting Dendoncker or Gibbs-White leave, one player they are hoping to offload is Italian forward Patrick Cutrone.

The Premier League outfit paid over £16m to sign Cutrone from AC Milan in 2019 but he has struggled to adapt to English football.

https://www.football365.com/news/everton-add-second-wolves-man-to-shortlist-rangers-want-forgotten-molinuex-striker

That's what the link said.

However the link could have said "Dynamo Dunkirk" for all I know. 

The only time I pay attention to non-Rangers players is during the transfer window. 

16 minutes ago, craig said:

IMHO those stats look very poor for a traditional striker.  I guess you and I are just philosophically opposed dB :roflmao:

Those stats are on the poor side, but I wouldn't say they were 'poor'. It's just a bit off 1 goal in 2, which is pretty good for a striker.

I made the point above that most of his games have been off the bench, which is not helpful. He's not started regularly - outwith his Empoli stint last season, where he only scored 3 in 29 (?); which is poor - since his good season with Milan.