The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

26 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Little feller this Yilmaz.

Davies is also rather slight...

Hope the lack of size isn't a detriment. 

Some big ole boys in the league.

This fellow is still looking for a club

Gay Bear GIF by Database數據

30 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Little feller this Yilmaz.

Davies is also rather slight...

Hope the lack of size isn't a detriment. 

Some big ole boys in the league.

To be fair i thought the same when the rotten mob went out and bought a bunch of little Japanese lads, a tiny croat full back, the smallest man in Israel for right wing and a compact George Michael lookalike winger from Portugal. I thought they would get bodied by the SPFL jobbers. I was very wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

To be fair i thought the same when the rotten mob went out and bought a bunch of little Japanese lads, a tiny croat full back, the smallest man in Israel for right wing and a compact George Michael lookalike winger from Portugal. I thought they would get bodied by the SPFL jobbers. I was very wrong.

The Greatest Showman Lol GIF by Sky

I have just read about Davies' aerial ability in an Athletic article.

It mentions how, at Preston, his aerial duel success rate was improved by working on his leap and aggression. 

Snippet:

"When we arrived he wasn’t playing much, and he was being used as a left-back. He had a loan spell at Fleetwood in 2017 when he started playing centrally.

“By our final season he was one of our best players along with Ben Pearson (who moved to Bournemouth). They were above the level of the Championship.”

"Davies is not the tallest of centre-backs at just over 6ft (185cm) but Preston’s tracking of statistics saw his aerial duel success shoot up over the course of two years. It came from working on his leap and being more aggressive, but one area he has never needed much help with is his distribution."

“If we’re talking about the modern defender who can play, then he is perfect for Rangers,” McAvoy [Frankie McAvoy, then-manager Alex Neil’s assistant at Preston] says. “You get defenders who can ping it, but Ben can see gaps and break lines by whipping it into the forwards."

“He can bring the ball out comfortably too. When teams are sitting in, like they do against the Old Firm, that can be a big asset as he can drive forward and open teams up.”

Also:

"[Liverpool] felt that he was the best left-sided defender in the English second division, and was stylistically suited to playing in Jurgen Klopp’s system.

In usual circumstances, Davies would not have been a target but Liverpool were working with a tight budget as they already had RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate lined up for a summer move to Merseyside.

They just needed a short-term fix for a few months who could be a sound financial investment if they opted to ‘flip’ him in the market soon after."

26 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Well my main thought was more in line with longevity.

I appreciate your correct insight regarding the rhats.

Just because Postitcogglue (I don't give a shit how it's spelt) went out and signed a clown car full of midgets doesn't ease my fear.

Speed works when it works, but speed breaks too...a lot.

Don't mind me...it's in my DNA to worry.

4 hours ago, craig said:

I think Ross Wilson looks to have played an absolute blinder in this window.

Ross Wilson has done a fantastic job this window both in selling and buying. However, if we could shift Roofe, Simpson, Middleton, Kelly etc for even nominal fees then we could claim he's had a blinder 😉

Edited by CammyF