The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating by the time we can pass judgement on the new signings they will be a success or duds we will be lumped with until the end of the season  , should be interesting .

5 hours ago, compo said:

How dare you have a go at my beloved toffees you are in need of having your bare arse flogged with the cat of nine in the town square at noon🥸

Sorry Brother.

I actually used to like them as well.

Everything about them annoys me.

They are what is wrong with football. 

Thank God there are teams like Rangers.  

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The profile is similarly an issue, for me; 28/29-year-olds don't represent much sell-on value, if any. 

It's the reverse of signing Kamara, Aribo, Bassey, Hagi, etc.

Exactly. We will always sign some guys that are that age but you expect a higher calibre player than Colak and Lawrence tbh. 

This is a graph of Lawrence’s stats in a good season a few years back and they are far worse than I expected. Even xG is way below average and that's what people keep saying her will bring. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think some Bears regularly forget what league we play in and our financial situation.

There are exciting players being picked up for peanuts every year by teams at our level. Some of us are just hoping to see a signing like that, it really isn't that big an ask. Celtic signed a few last season who you could see clearly from their stats would be a success. And we've done it ourselves in the past too with guys like Aribo. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Celtic signed a few last season who you could see clearly from their stats would be a success

Which ones?

I'm not sure it's as simple as good stats = success.  

Hi guys, Saints/Rangers fan in peace. So what are we getting in Aribo if he signs?

Seen him a few times over the seasons and he seems a silky baller. Is he going to the top? We , as you know are a feeder club for the big boys, a la van dyck but wondering if we are getting another Stevo Davis that’ll hang around for a while or is he off to Liverpool after a season.

PS. It is always a ridiculous anomaly that our team is able to cherrypick from the Firm year in year out. An absolute disgrace in reality. Is anybody up there looking at the long term viability of this model as it patently obvious the sky is the limit if the two can get in the premier league

50 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The most fighting I've ever witnessed outside a stadium was when we played at Goodison in the late 90s.  

Can't stand the bastards.  

Think they (Everton) had a presence when we played Shelbourne in 1998 IIRC 

37 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Exactly. We will always sign some guys that are that age but you expect a higher calibre player than Colak and Lawrence tbh. 

This is a graph of Lawrence’s stats in a good season a few years back and they are far worse than I expected. Even xG is way below average and that's what people keep saying her will bring. 

So he is already the new Lundstram.....