The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

16 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

How are we actually feeling about Colak? I've been busy since the season ended so don't know much about him. Is he rated by the more knowledgeable brethren on here? 

I'm definitely more on the fence than some. I think there's every chance he could be our top goalscorer next season though, so he could well prove a good signing in the grand scheme of things. 

In his favour, he has proven himself at the level of the Croatian league (141 mins per goal) and Swedish league (152 mins per goal). Those leagues are quite a bit below us in the rankings, but our league is carried by two teams so the level will be comparable (especially Croatia). His stats in those league show him to be a very good goalscorer and good in the air.

A few things against him, he has flopped in Greece which is only a slight step up from Croatia imo. He was playing for the second best team there but kept out of the team by guys who weren't that good and when he did play his record was incredibly poor, one goal in 636 mins. His stats chart for his PAOK spells was very poor too.

He did very little of note until 24. His creative stats are poor and movement stats average. He's 29 in a few months so a surprise to me to see us spending money like this on him tbh. 

Despite raising these more negative points, I do still believe he could score a lot of goals playing in a team like ours who create a lot of chances and could have a very successful season with us. 

Edited by DMAA