The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

FWIW I've heard we will announce another singing early next week (probably on loan) and once Aribos deal has been concluded /completed, we'll announce another singing. No names given / mentioned at this time. 

Guy who told me was same guy who told me 2 players in Manchester for medical/signing talks earlier this week. 

That would be on top of Colak and Lawrence then?

11 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

That would be on top of Colak and Lawrence then?

Yes - the loan may happen anyway, the other signing is dependent on Aribo sale. Also working on new contracts for Alfie and Kent. 

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

FWIW, I don't doubt that Lawrence is a coup on a free and Colak decent value at £2m. I just had high expectations of the calibre of player we’d be going for after making the EL final and with high profile exits likely.

Same here. We also took in plenty from Gerrard and Patterson. Just frustrated at the lack of funds not blaming the board or anyone in particular.

I really thought we had left behind the days of "the higher the price, the better the deal". Seems to me there are never any guarantees, regardless of the size of the transfer fee. What we are showing now is an ability to be both prudent and smart ... Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Bassey, Lundstram, etc.

In large measure, football is a business run by third rate chancers and players' careers are often dependent on luck rather than judgement. I think there are plenty of John Lundstrams out there, with the ability to have gone much further if judged more diligently. The directors of Rangers have shown they understand this and refuse to get suckered into a big spend mentality.

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

I really thought we had left behind the days of "the higher the price, the better the deal". Seems to me there are never any guarantees, regardless of the size of the transfer fee. What we are showing now is an ability to be both prudent and smart ... Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Bassey, Lundstram, etc.

In large measure, football is a business run by third rate chancers and players' careers are often dependent on luck rather than judgement. I think there are plenty of John Lundstrams out there, with the ability to have gone much further if judged more diligently. The directors of Rangers have shown they understand this and refuse to get suckered into a big spend mentality.

Great points and we as fans need to change of mentality. I for one am glad to see we identified and signed 4 or 5 players for our B or if you prefer, our development team.

Aribo was purchased for £250-£300K and will leave for £10M, Patterson was developed at the academy and went for a record (for us) £16M. This £16M may be bettered when we sell Bassey, a player who was signed for a cross border fee and started in the academy. 

Whilst Lawrence and Colak don't appear to have "resale" value, plenty others do (Kamara, Alfie, Lowry to name a few). We have, thus far, spent circa £2M on 3 players, so the "gamble" is relatively low at this point and willing to give all 3 the opportunity to show their worth. 

I feel that we'll get another couple of players in and one maybe a player with resale value.

Edited by CammyF