4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Perhaps, however i don't think there is much associated service to be provided with the partnerships we have with the likes of BOXT, 32 red or black rooster.

The catering deal and merchandising - 100% service based but should have a dedicated head of service along with matchday tickets and hospitality.

Fair enough, but others were moaning about adverts on shirts not me.

I suspect the majority of those offended by the nature of our sponsors wouldn't buy a top anyway.

Partnerships and sponsorships may very well be flourishing under Bisgrove,  I have no idea if they could be better, or if he's maximising to the utmost. 

Its the other retail areas that both affect and concern me.

A recent example,  @forlanssisterand I visited the Rangers store in Belfast,  now I'm always up for buying memorabilia and club related merchandise, but I walked out empty handed. There was nothing to be purchased save sports gear, sized and designed for a much younger and athletic version of Gaspard.

As I mentioned, HSV are a great example of football club retail, superb range, reasonable prices and efficient service.

3 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Its the other retail areas that both affect and concern me.

A recent example,  @forlanssisterand I visited the Rangers store in Belfast,  now I'm always up for buying memorabilia and club related merchandise, but I walked out empty handed. There was nothing to be purchased save sports gear, sized and designed for a much younger and athletic version of Gaspard.

As I mentioned, HSV are a great example of football club retail, superb range, reasonable prices and efficient service.

Agree fully, we need to get this right. The lazy approach knowing we wont go and support another club is not good enough.

Someone at the club needs to take ownership and improve this. Bisgrove or otherwise.

13 hours ago, Frankie said:

My burger was nothing like that. It came with cheese, lettuce and a sauce, and I was then asked if I wanted ketchup, brown sauce or mustard, which they put on directly from a bottle. 

To be fair the roll wasn't the same as the advert, the burger wasn't as thick but it was closer to the advert than it was to Gary's picture.

I guess there are different standards in different parts of the ground?

2 hours ago, gaspard said:

Fair enough, but others were moaning about adverts on shirts not me.

I suspect the majority of those offended by the nature of our sponsors wouldn't buy a top anyway.

I said I wouldn't buy or wear anything that promotes gambling. That's not "moaning", it's a matter of principle that I'm asking no one else to share. Nor have I condemned anyone for doing what I wouldn't do. Each to his own.

As for catering, the club and its service partner should be actively soliciting fan opinion immediately after they're served. Waiting for complaints is amateurish.

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

I said I wouldn't buy or wear anything that promotes gambling. That's not "moaning", it's a matter of principle that I'm asking no one else to share. Nor have I condemned anyone for doing what I wouldn't do. Each to his own.

My mistake, I could have chosen the wording of my comments much better.

Nevertheless may I enquire,  would you buy a shirt if the sponsorship were an alternative to gambling?

I wouldn't, too old and fat.

5 hours ago, gaspard said:

Our retail is still miles behind where it should be... 

After such a protracted and expensive struggle to get retail/merchandise back from Mr.MASH. It certainly isn't being fully taken advantage of and supporter goodwill to the  Castore approach is understandably low.

The catering at the concessions has been dire for years, an under exploited revenue stream, and the change of provider sadly looks like an opportunity missed.

Entirely predictable

Is Bisgrove doing a good job?

Well, its very difficult to improve a brand and increase sales and revenue in a competitive environment, however when you have a customer base that are completely captive, will not defect to a rival brand and will often forgive poor service and product due to blind loyalty, then the task should become much easier. 

I think a decision was taken to add incentives (mygers) to the "blind loyalty" just to make sure there would be a continued / higher level of take-up/sales over many different revenue streams.

Ie. In many areas of 'service', rhetoric and lip service is as far as they actually intend to go.

As for Bisgrove, if he is hitting his targets, the targets aren't interested in what the supporter thinks.

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

My mistake, I could have chosen the wording of my comments much better.

Nevertheless may I enquire,  would you buy a shirt if the sponsorship were an alternative to gambling?

I wouldn't, too old and fat.

No worries. I'm just not a fan of addiction activities like gambling.

I certainly would buy replica kits as gifts for the family but I stopped wearing football kit myself long ago.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

No worries. I'm just not a fan of addiction activities like gambling.

I certainly would buy replica kits as gifts for the family but I stopped wearing football kit myself long ago.

Rangers is an addiction too Bill ;)