4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Hopefully. As things stand though I'm not sure Sands and Tillman are worth he supposed £10 million outlay we would need to make both moves permanent. 

But they were two weeks ago?

In all seriousness, I think they are worth it. They're talented lads; still only 20 and 21. They have a lot of potential. They may not show it consistently just yet, but I think there's potential there. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

But they were two weeks ago?

In all seriousness, I think they are worth it. They're talented lads; still only 20 and 21. They have a lot of potential. They may not show it consistently just yet, but I think there's potential there. 

yeah - it depends on how much we have to spend next summer overall I think. If we have around 10 million to spend next summer, spend it on Sands and Tillman. Then need to replace Kent, Morelos, Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Jack etc on free transfers and loans it will be a challenge. 

If we have a bit more to spend then perhaps its worth the investment. You are right about the potential and I still believe Sands can make a very good centre half (not midfielder).

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

yeah - it depends on how much we have to spend next summer overall I think. If we have around 10 million to spend next summer, spend it on Sands and Tillman. Then need to replace Kent, Morelos, Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Jack etc on free transfers and loans it will be a challenge. 

If we have a bit more to spend then perhaps its worth the investment. You are right about the potential and I still believe Sands can make a very good centre half (not midfielder).

Is that potential £10m not already budgeted, though?

I thought that was part of the reason why we didn't go again in the market this summer. 

I'm not a finance expert, though...

(That's A LOT of wages freed up... 👀 )

36 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I love Salzburg. They have a phenomenal football department. (It's no wonder Chelsea were after their DoF. He seems to have turned them down, though.)

I especially like their managerial appointments. It's a who's who of some of the most innovative mangers you'll ever see: Schmidt, Hutter, Garcia, Rose, Marsch, and now Jaissle. 

They have a recognisable style that they want to implement and appoint young managers that can implement that style. Those appointed don't have track records with other clubs, their record comes from their ability to implement that desired style of play. Jaissle's record was as an assistant, their U18s and then their feeder club FC Leifering in the Austrian second division (he actually took over from Bo Svensson, another talented coach, currently with Mainz). Hutter, Rose, Marsch and jaissle were all involved with the Academy and feeder teams - and other Red Bull organisations. (It helps of you have a feeder club, or two... )

I hope that's part of the reason why we've brought in Bowley. Someone that can help us create and implement a style of play throughout the club, so we can then, ideally, promote managers from within. Perhaps not, though. It's certainly high level stuff. 

These managers have the ability to implement their styles on whatever players the club acquires. It's all linked up: The players they buy have to have certain traits, that align with their playing style, that the managers have a track record of being able to implement etc. 

That's the dream...

And crucially, there’s a proper link to recruitment too. They buy players who will flourish in the system, and their recruitment is ambitious too. 

Edited by DMAA

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought that was part of the reason why we didn't go again in the market this summer. 

None of us know for sure so i suppose its just wait and see.

Yes lots of wages freed up, I didn't include Helander in my list as i doubt we will see him again but good to get him off the wage bill too.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Re. Tillman and Sands

I think the jury have a lot of evidence to watch before they even consider going out to consider the verdict.

As it stands (IMO) they haven't done nearly enough but still have some time on their side.

The manager may be a duffer but the players should realise that people pay to watch them play to the best of their ability. If they won’t, find some who will. Anyway, don’t they just want to win any game they are playing in?