[FT] Napoli 3 - 0 Rangers

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Absolutely no chance.  Best to focus on keeping the score down.  

I know that the odds on a defeat are short (not as short as the general mood on here) but whilst there is hope, we have to go with a positive attitude. Mostly defend but look to counter where possible.

Just sometimes, you might get a break.

Penalty award with a Napoli red card would be good.

edit (odds)

Rangers 10/1 to win tonight

Napoli 2/9 

Draw 11/2

Man City 1/9 to win next league game against 7th placed Fulham.

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Wide positions really worry me tonight with Tav so obviously injured/out of form and Barisic less than dependable defensively.

I'm assuming we'll go three at the back again as we did in the first game.

Barisic’s one on one defending has been brutal in the Champions League, and Napoli have good dribblers of the ball. The higher standard has really exposed his weakness in that area, and I generally defend him too. I’d really like to see Yilmaz at this level to see what his one on one defending is like. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

We have frighteningly quick "wingers" in Kent, Sakala and Matondo, but we don't/can't use them properly.

I think Kent has lost a yard of pace since joining. You never see him flying past people anymore, and most full backs in this league are slow. Matondo’s pace is on another level but he isn’t being utilised well at all. 

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’d really like to see Yilmaz at this level to see what his one on one defending is like.

I'm not sure throwing him into the team for this fixture will help him settle.  

We need to make sure the forwards are willing to get back and become second defenders.  

I'd play 4-5-1 (crowd the midfield) and tell everyone to defend except Morelos...

McGregor

Tav King Davies Barisic

Sakala Lundstram Sands Davis Matondo

Morelos

Edited by Gonzo79

Not entirely sure what Gio will fancy tonight but, generally speaking, the nominal 3-4-3 from the first game at Ibrox may be preferred again with much of the same starting XI. This should help us defensively but allow us to counter where possible. Morelos could prove vital.

Ff_51LGXgAAZSdF?format=jpg&name=large

I do wonder if Yilmaz will be given an opportunity given the slightly different role in such a system. Can't deny I'm worried about how an injured/under-performing Tav will cope on the right but Lundstram will help fill that space. A tough night ahead but looking for improvement.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm not sure throwing him into the team for this fixture will help him settle.  

We need to make sure the forwards are willing to get back and become second defenders.  

I'd play 4-5-1 (crowd the midfield) and tell everyone to defend except Morelos...

McGregor

Tav King Davies Barisic

Sakala Lundstram Sands Davis Matondo

Morelos

In that case you really have to play Arfield ahead of Sakala in midfield, or find some other way to provide cover for Tavernier and Barisic, both of whom will get totally overrun tonight. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I genuinely fear a doing and in particular what Kharatskhelia could do to us. 

Even talking about our team gives me fear! First thing I read when I came on was Sakala or Arfield for the right...... just automatically terrifies you